Urch Forums

Questions.. Looking For Answers

One-Way

Out of curiousity, would someone who is interested in becoming a Pharmacist have to be extremely well on subjects such as Math & Chemistry? Can those who are not exactly perfect in those subjects, acheive their dream of becoming a Pharmacist? I myself am interested in this field, but am not exactly great at those subjects. As far as I'm aware, Pharamacy focuses on such subjects. Can someone please help me out with some answers?

One doesn't have to be extremely well in Math and Chemistry to become a Pharmacist. I would say that being good (not necessarily perfect) in Biology and Chemistry would help more as most of the courses in Pharmacy like Pharmacology, Cognosy, medicinal chemistry and Phamaceutical microbiology/biochem are based on fundamentals from Biology and Chemistry. Yes, while doing Pharmaceutical calculations your Math is going to help you but don't worry...you are not going to solve complex problems in Trignometry or Algebra!!

Yes.. if you put in good effort, you will definitely succeed. Don't worry..you will have enough time to learn your subjects while you are at Pharmacy school. If you have the desire to become a Pharmacist, just pursue it...believe me, it is not going to be as hard as you think.