Urch Forums

PhD in Finance in LSE and LBS

nicolewickey

I want to apply for the PhD Finance programs in London. London School of Economics, London Business School are pretty good choices. I am also considering Imperial College London and Cass Business School. Does anyone here know about these schools? Is it difficult to get accepted?

I am just an ordinary MSc Finance student with high GPA (3.9), did some RA work; currently taking some PhD courses in Boston College (probably will just get a 6 in Micro and Math...) Never done a paper before. Had some internship experience in corporate finance and fund management.

My background is basically nothing compared to most of the people here, especially the ones with physics and math degrees. But I have a very clear research proposal. Probably strong motivation is my only hope...

Does anyone here has any info about these schools? What kind of schools are likely to accept students with no math and research background?

• 3 weeks later...
Is LSE giving scholarship to almost all students? As far as I could understand from its website, very limited scholarship opportunities are available. Also, if I don't misremember, one of my friends was accepted but wasn't awarded any scholarship. In LBS, situation is different, they have good scholarship opportunities. However, it is quite tough to get admittance from LBS.

Is LSE giving scholarship to almost all students? As far as I could understand from its website, very limited scholarship opportunities are available. Also, if I don't misremember, one of my friends was accepted but wasn't awarded any scholarship. In LBS, situation is different, they have good scholarship opportunities. However, it is quite tough to get admittance from LBS.