Urch Forums

where is better for finding usual job with phd 1.marketing management 2.strategic m

david smit

hello,plz help me with answer to my wife question

between 1.phd in strategic management 2.phd in technology management(innovation) and 3.phd in marketing management which of them have best SITUATION(case) for finding work in norway or denmark

and which of them is easy to find phd course in norway or denmark

plzzzzz answer to my wife question it is very importatnt

Hail David Smit, Necro King! For future reference if you actually want an answer to your question starting a new thread is the only way to go.

Now on to your question. I have no idea what program would be the best for finding a job in either Norway or Denmark, perhaps there is a Norwegian or Danish test magic site. Either way the vast majority of people on this forum are looking at American schools even if they want to leave America afterwards. Second is probably schools in Canada with a smattering of India, Europe and China in a far third. My point is this, you are asking a very specific question to people who are not "experts" in this area. I would talk to professors from schools she is interested in. I'm sure with minimal research she can find PhD programs in her country of choice.

Just on a quick side note, plzzzzz don't use text speak when asking questions (please is equally as short to type). THX!

• Like 1

hello,plz help me with answer to my wife question

between 1.phd in strategic management 2.phd in technology management(innovation) and 3.phd in marketing management which of them have best SITUATION(case) for finding work in norway or denmark

and which of them is easy to find phd course in norway or denmark

plzzzzz answer to my wife question it is very importatnt

Pictures of the wife?

I just want to make sure you're legit.

give me an adress of similar blogs in norway or denmark thanks

I don't know why I'm continuing on this path, but I really don't want to proofread this paper I'm writing and I don't really want another PM from you.

Here is a website with lists to all schools in Norway with PhD programs:

Study in Norway/Where can I study?/List of institutions/

Since I expect you to do some form of work, I will not be checking on whether any of these schools offer PhD's in any of the subjects you mentioned.

Here is a bunch of information about doing a PhD in Norway:

PhD | Why do your PhD in Norway?

Here is a blog about the hiring process of Norwegian Universities:

Norway’s academic hiring processes are already remarkably open | jill/txt

And finally here is a link to site with so much information that even the minutest attempt at research will give you way more than you could ever need:

https://www.google.com/

Also, as a point of etiquette the use of the word please adds so much more to the discussion. I know you're in a rush. Your wife needs to apply today or she'll never get into a program, but demanding that we give you sources of information that literally took me 3 seconds to find is extremely annoying. I don't want to be mean or anything, but your spamming our boards with poorly constructed sentences and no defined questions will gain you nothing here. I completely understand if English is your second language, but you'll need to be better about asking questions if you actually want them answered.

For instance,

"Good morning! My wife is currently thinking about applying to PhD programs. We had some questions about the process. Please forgive me for being ignorant of the process, we're still extremely early in it and don't know that much. We're extremely interested in living and working in either Norway or Denmark post-PhD.

We want to know what is the best way to get there? Should she do a program in these countries or would she be better off doing one in another country and moving there afterwards? She's kind of vague on her research interests right now, but definitely tends to lean more towards the management side of things. In your opinion are there any specific areas of research that will help her to obtain a tenure track position in either Norway or Denmark? Since her interests are so vague could you tell us some specific journals or articles she could read that would really help her to narrow down her search and define her interests?

After having read any post on this forum I realized that one of the first questions asked is about profile, so I will post it here.

Undergrad: Top ranked school in whatever country we are from

GPA: I don't know how to convert this, but she was in the top 2% of her class

Degree: Bachelor's in Subterranean Archonic History during the Franko-Prussian Empire

Minor: numbers (specifically numbers 7,5,89, and 165)

Graduate: Mediocre University in Middle America

GPA: 3.7

Degree: MS in Human Resources

Relevant Courses: Numbers 101, 102, 301 and 302, Advanced Numbers Numbering I & II, Resourcing humans humanely I & II,

Research: Nothing published. She did research in numbers and wrote an 800 word thesis for undergrad. Grad school had a lot of research papers mostly focused on humans in relation to resources.

Teaching experience: she homeschooled several orphaned squirrels in my living room for five years.

GMAT: 534 on the first try (she is working really hard studying for it and sees no reason that she can't reach 718 in a few months)

Miscellaneous: her desire to do research and obtain a PhD began when she was a small child. Her parents left her in an alley and a kindly management professor took her in. She spent her summers at the lake house thinking about management research, writing long love letters to it in her journal. As the summer past and school began again her desire never wavered. Many an evening were spent under the covers of her magnificently appointed four poster bed with a flashlight and the journal of management. Then one day a gypsy fortune teller cursed her to spend her remaining years in Norway or Denmark (the fortune teller was harsh, but gave options). From there it has been a journey to finding herself in one of these countries.

Please help us out. We really need to get into a program this year or the curse will cause her turn into a frog forever. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you again for your time."

Or something to that effect. Mostly what I mean is spend a marginal amount of time crafting your question and you will find the members of this forum to provide excellent advice. Demanding we give answers to vague questions and spamming our boards will cause extremely sarcastic and rude comments to be flung at you.

Please enjoy the rest of your day.

^^ this made my day.

Awesome post.

Btw, did things change, since when can you get a score like 534? I thought it went up in increments of 10?

Edit: Can the OP please explain in more detail this gypsy fortune teller curse? Thanks.

Edit2: Oh it's a hypothetical profile. Aww, I was very much interested in hearing about the curse.

Btw, did things change, since when can you get a score like 534? I thought it went up in increments of 10?

I was attempting, in sarcastic means, to point out that there is a formulaic way in which this forum works. I think the GMAT is still increments of 10, if it isn't, then my joke isn't nearly as funny.