Urch Forums

2015 Marketing Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

lfollis

Originally Posted by hedgequant:

In an effort to steal a well thought-out idea from the econ board, I propose we keep all admissions results in this thread. I think rumors/rumblings/unsubstantiated talk should stay in the sweat thread, and leave this thread to be only actual results. Please try and keep comments (even congratulatory ones) to the sweat thread so that this thread has a high signal/noise ratio. I suggest other disciplines make a similar thread so we can keep things compartmentalized.

I guess I'll get the ball rolling for this thread. I believe the following information would be helpful for management applicants:

Institution Name:

Concentration (e.g. Strategy, OT, OB):

Date of Notification:

Type of Notification (e.g. email/phone/snail mail):

Notification (e.g. Interview / Waitlisted / Accepted):

Posted on GradCafe?

Comments:

Institution Name: Michigan (Ross)

Concentration: Marketing

Date of Notification: January 20th

Type of Notification: Email

Notification: Skype Interview

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments: First one, nervous but excited! Interview scheduled for next week. Don't know exact # of other people they're interviewing, but they listed 23 interview slots.

Edited by tm_associate

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Institution Name: University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)

Date of Notification: January 21st

Notification: Interview (Phone/Skype)

Comments: Surprised but obviously very happy! Sounds like the interviews are being sent out individually rather than in batches.

Institution Name: INSEAD

Date of Notification: January 26th

Notification: Skype Interview

Comments: The email sounds like an informal interview notification.

Hi,

Are you a CB or Quant candidate?

Hi, Are you a CB or Quant candidate?

Actually I am interested in marketing strategy, but I would also expect to do some Quant work. Did the professor state that the email he or she sent is the official interview?

Good luck with the interview!!!

Actually, he didn't clarify that. But, I checked with a few other Profs and this seems fairly common. My email subject did say PhD application - Next Step. I am a CB candidate by the way.

Seems like only INSEAD this week so far in terms of the bigger schools. From the looks of it, schools are a bit slower this year than last, so probably a flood coming up the next few days/next week.

Seems like Cornell sent out interview offers today.. didn't get one (hopefully yet) :'(

congrats on multiple interview offers and a wait-list under your belt! WHAT'S YOUR SECRET.

Seems like Cornell sent out interview offers today.. didn't get one (hopefully yet) :'(

congrats on multiple interview offers and a wait-list under your belt! WHAT'S YOUR SECRET.

One of the interviews turned into a waitlist...so I'm not sure how to officially count that in my sig :P

Anyways, secret? I have no clue. I think I just check the boxes of research experience, top GRE scores, good letters of rec, good GPA (at least in the last 2 years), and a statement of purpose that (while not great IMO) is good enough. But I don't consider myself some kind of world-class candidate by any means-I applied to 14 schools expecting that I won't be the #1 ranked applicant at any of them, and likely much lower than #1 :playful:

But I think the fact that I don't have any glaring weaknesses or deficiencies (except for my GPA in the first 2 years...), plus the fact that my GRE scores and letters of rec show potential, are what will get me through the first round of cuts at most schools.

Still 11 schools to hear back from...none of which have shown up on gradcafe yet!

Institution Name: Syracuse University

Concentration: Marketing (Quant)

Date of Notification: January 26th

Notification: Campus interview

Posted on GradCafe?: No

Comments: Excited and nervous!

Account for 6 years, first post. Wow.

And congrats obviously :P

Institution Name: Yale University

Concentration: Marketing (Quant)

Date of Notification: January 30th

Notification: skype interview

Comments : Questions on what I wrote in my SOP and a lot on research interest.

Congrats on Yale and Michigan interviews! Those are awesome schools!

Does anyone have any news about London Business School? This year a lot of the early application date programs seem to be very delayed with interviews and shortlists.

Looks on gradcafe like they might have started giving out interviews, but I didn't apply there so I don't know anything personally.

Does anyone have any news about London Business School? This year a lot of the early application date programs seem to be very delayed with interviews and shortlists.

I've been wondering the same about USC. Haven't seen anything come from them this year, but in the past it seems like they started moving in late Jan.