Urch Forums

2015 Accounting Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

crosseyed

Originally Posted by hedgequant:

In an effort to steal a well thought-out idea from the econ board, I propose we keep all admissions results in this thread. I think rumors/rumblings/unsubstantiated talk should stay in the sweat thread, and leave this thread to be only actual results. Please try and keep comments (even congratulatory ones) to the sweat thread so that this thread has a high signal/noise ratio. I suggest other disciplines make a similar thread so we can keep things compartmentalized.

I guess I'll get the ball rolling for this thread. I believe the following information would be helpful for management applicants:

Institution Name:

Concentration (e.g. Strategy, OT, OB):

Date of Notification:

Type of Notification (e.g. email/phone/snail mail):

Notification (e.g. Interview / Waitlisted / Accepted):

Posted on GradCafe?

Comments:

Institution Name: Yale

Concentration: Accounting

Date of Notification: January 24th

Type of Notification: Email

Notification: Skype Interview

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments: No information regarding the number of people they are interviewing. Excited!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Institution Name: Washington Seattle

Date of Notification: January 23th

Notification: Skype Interview

Comments: Based on information, I think they are interviewing 3 people. Pumped up!!

Just out of curiosity, how do you know how many people they are interviewing?

Institution Name: MIT

Date of Notification: January 22th

Notification: Phone Interview

Comments:

Crosseyed, congrats on the interviews! Any idea if MIT has sent out all interview requests? Also, has anyone heard from HBS, Booth or Rotman yet?

Edited by shafi248

Just a guess. I meant the degrees of freedom for choosing an interview time slot was 2 and hence I conclude that the number of students they are interviewing is 3.

I believe they interview in small groups, so it will likely be more than 3 total, perhaps 3 per group.

Me?just got a phone interview from TAMU

Institution Name: TAMU

Date of Notification: January 26th

Notification: Phone Interview

Posted on GradCafe?: No

Comments:

Congrats....TAMU is on my list on as well....hopefully I'll hear something from them soon.

Am I the only Accounting PhD applicant this year? Why no one else reporting any updates regarding their candidature?

It looks like this has been a slow week for Accounting. I believe quite a few universities reached out to candidates in the past two to three weeks for Skype interviews and/or campus visits. A couple people have been updating Gradcafe and posting in the other megathread, so some of that information is probably buried in there.

There seems to a decent amount of activity on Thursdays, so we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Hi Shafi,

Looking at Gradcafe, I see only one MIT interview call registered. Nothing for me from HBS, Booth, or Rotman. Have you heard from any schools yet?

Crosseyed, congrats on the interviews! Any idea if MIT has sent out all interview requests? Also, has anyone heard from HBS, Booth or Rotman yet?

Hi Shafi,

Looking at Gradcafe, I see only one MIT interview call registered. Nothing for me from HBS, Booth, or Rotman. Have you heard from any schools yet?

I don't know about HBS or Booth, but I know that Rotman is always later on getting things out than other schools (like I think they're always february for interview invites). Also pretty sure that they mail out acceptances/rejections, and often not until April.