Urch Forums

Need a suggestion

crosseyed

I submitted my application for UNC long ago. However, I recently found out my application to be incomplete. I sent an email to Business PhD Program Manager and she found out that my GMAT was not matched. UNC matched GMAT with my application and now the portal shows that my application is complete.

Given that gradcafe shows that few interview offers have already been made, and my application doesn't show that it is under review, should I automatically assume that UNC is not going to consider my application any more? Is there anything I can do to ensure that my application at least gets seen by the admissions committee? I sent an email to the Business PhD Program Manager. However, she didn't reply me back :sorrow::grief:. Should I send an email to the accounting department? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hmmm I had this happen with one of my applications a week ago. I did what you did, but also had the PhD program manager confirm that my application would be reviewed while I had her on the phone...it took about 2-3 business days for the system to update status that my app was under review after they confirmed verbally that my scores had been properly matched.

In my case, I confirmed with both the business PhD program manager that she received them, and the University graduate admissions office that they had sent them over... I would refrain from contacting the department as this is more of a process/administration concern which is handled by the appropriate staff and not the faculty/ad com...I think you've reached out to the right party...there may be a delay in response time given its a busy season for them. But I still found them responsive, even if it wasn't an instant turn around.

good luck, hopefully it all gets squared away.

Wow saylors, I guess that is water under the bridge now.

Crosseyed, I would actually contact the department. I would give a couple details about your application, tell them what happened and say that you hope they can still consider you as a candidate. Knowing that they have already made calls, this may not do much, but I don't see it hurting so long as you are respectful and to the point.

Thanks YaSvoboden. I would write the department an email. Can you please suggest who should I write to in the department? Thanks.

Wow saylors, I guess that is water under the bridge now.

Crosseyed, I would actually contact the department. I would give a couple details about your application, tell them what happened and say that you hope they can still consider you as a candidate. Knowing that they have already made calls, this may not do much, but I don't see it hurting so long as you are respectful and to the point.