Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 502

Thread: 2016 PhD Business Administration Sweat Thread

  1. #11
    Eager!
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    2


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2016 PhD Business Administration Sweat Thread

    Sponsored Ad:
    I feel it used to be similar to urch, however business PhD applicants are not very active there.
    Here, we are more interactive and seniors are active as well.

    At gradcafe, members can post their interview/ rejection/ acceptance there, which I feel is useful.
    Besides you can search earlier results date in order to estimate when a particular college reverts.
    Tweet this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Share on Facebook!Reddit!

  2. #12
    A long long time ago XanthusARES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,345
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    10


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2016 PhD Business Administration Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickgrayson View Post
    Here, we are more interactive and seniors are active as well.
    This is true. Gradcafe has more information on interviews and acceptances generally, though some of those are probably fake. The reason for that is that you can completely anonymously post there.

    Also +1 for your sweet screen name.
    Til now I always got by on my own
    I never really cared until I met you...
    Tweet this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Share on Facebook!Reddit!

  3. #13
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2016 PhD Business Administration Sweat Thread

    Hello all and good luck with your applications! For the more experienced members of this forum, has anyone ever received negative repercussions for posting admissions information on here? It seems to me that some universities might frown upon this. I am curious as I would like to post my acceptances/rejections as they occur in case it helps anyone else. However, I wouldn't want this to negatively affect any of my outstanding applications. As others have said, it really isn't that hard to figure out who people are on here if you really want to know. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!
    Tweet this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Share on Facebook!Reddit!

  4. #14
    An Urch Guru Pundit Swami Sage
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    11


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2016 PhD Business Administration Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by obhrphd16 View Post
    Hello all and good luck with your applications! For the more experienced members of this forum, has anyone ever received negative repercussions for posting admissions information on here? It seems to me that some universities might frown upon this. I am curious as I would like to post my acceptances/rejections as they occur in case it helps anyone else. However, I wouldn't want this to negatively affect any of my outstanding applications. As others have said, it really isn't that hard to figure out who people are on here if you really want to know. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!
    I have never heard of an actual problem from it. You can always just post anonymously on grad cafe if you are worried about being identified. Though even that can be pretty clear if you post an acceptance and they only gave out 1 that week.

    Overall, I think the market works more efficiently the more that we reduce information asymmetry.
    Tweet this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Share on Facebook!Reddit!

  5. #15
    Eager!
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    3


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2016 PhD Business Administration Sweat Thread

    Am applying to 9 places in for CB. By the advice on this forum this wayyyyyy too low and also apparently it isn't too uncommon to get straight rejections

    I applied to the following schools

    U Chicago - Long shot - Am surprised have not been desk rejected yet (might be because one of my recommenders hasn't sent in the recommmendation )
    U of Illinois Chicago
    U of Ilinois Urbana Champaign
    Boston Univeristy
    UT Dallas
    U Florida
    UC Irvine
    Georgia Tech
    U Houston

    Taking partial advice of Xanthes, yasvoboden and Sb on here I applied to more realistic fits as well as places where my interests matched somewhat with the faculty. I did run into a bit of trouble in the SOP because I wasnt sure how specific or broadly should i post my research interests. However I would be keeping my fingers crossed hoping for the best
    Tweet this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Share on Facebook!Reddit!

  6. #16
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    3


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2016 PhD Business Administration Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by scholar1 View Post
    Am applying to 9 places in for CB. By the advice on this forum this wayyyyyy too low and also apparently it isn't too uncommon to get straight rejections

    I applied to the following schools

    U Chicago - Long shot - Am surprised have not been desk rejected yet (might be because one of my recommenders hasn't sent in the recommmendation )
    U of Illinois Chicago
    U of Ilinois Urbana Champaign
    Boston Univeristy
    UT Dallas
    U Florida
    UC Irvine
    Georgia Tech
    U Houston

    Taking partial advice of Xanthes, yasvoboden and Sb on here I applied to more realistic fits as well as places where my interests matched somewhat with the faculty. I did run into a bit of trouble in the SOP because I wasnt sure how specific or broadly should i post my research interests. However I would be keeping my fingers crossed hoping for the best
    I just wanted to say that, in my understanding, it's common practice for universities to contact the recommenders (if the university is interested in the applicant) if their letter is missing. I'm sure you had to enter in their contact info when you indicated who these people are - this contact info is used by the administration people / the application portal to nudge the recommenders. My old advisor said that, if a school is interested, they'll look to see why a letter isn't there.... so my impression is that it's not a deal-breaker.

    Another, less-optimistic note... I got my interview invites between late January and late Februrary, but my straight-up official rejections came so late that they were obvious. Unfortunately, the rejection was indirectly communicated through silence.
    Tweet this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Share on Facebook!Reddit!

  7. #17
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    2


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2016 PhD Business Administration Sweat Thread

    Anyone hear anything back yet? I have heard from two schools: one skype one flyout.
    Tweet this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Share on Facebook!Reddit!

  8. #18
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2016 PhD Business Administration Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by youcantmakeme View Post
    Anyone hear anything back yet? I have heard from two schools: one skype one flyout.
    What field??
    Tweet this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Share on Facebook!Reddit!

  9. #19
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    2


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2016 PhD Business Administration Sweat Thread

    Org behavior
    Tweet this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Share on Facebook!Reddit!

  10. #20
    Eager!
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    2


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2016 PhD Business Administration Sweat Thread

    May i ask where?
    i also applied for OB.
    Tweet this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Share on Facebook!Reddit!

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2016 Application Sweat Thread
    By tm_member in forum PhD in Economics
    Replies: 1257
    Last Post: 04-30-2016, 04:17 PM
  2. Replies: 744
    Last Post: 04-15-2015, 04:25 PM
  3. Replies: 1367
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 05:46 AM
  4. Replies: 836
    Last Post: 03-26-2013, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •