Urch Forums

PHD Accounting 2017 University application/admission/GMAT results

leval

Please write down the University you applied to and everything related to that application.

I have applied myself so I will write down as follows.

GMAT 710

Applied , Yale, Stamford, NY Stern, Illinois, University of Florida.

Interviews None yet

Admitted None

• 2 months later...

I think many schools have already started interviewing. I had two interviews in December before Christmas (NOT for accounting!)

Last Friday, one of these two schools told me they just made their offers to their potential candidates. (I wasn't one of them) So yeah... some schools are moving REALLY fast. But I guess it's not going to help to freak out at this point. Even if they do interview other people right now, it doesn't mean these people will accept the offers if they get one.

I think I read on gradcafe that UT made one offer for accounting in December already. Let me double-check!

Edit: Okay maybe it was a different university, but you are right there are several UT interviews posted.

Thank you, Silviatx. You are right. It's of no use to freak out. Thanks also for sharing information.

I think many schools have already started interviewing. I had two interviews in December before Christmas (NOT for accounting!)

Last Friday, one of these two schools told me they just made their offers to their potential candidates. (I wasn't one of them) So yeah... some schools are moving REALLY fast. But I guess it's not going to help to freak out at this point. Even if they do interview other people right now, it doesn't mean these people will accept the offers if they get one.

I think I read on gradcafe that UT made one offer for accounting in December already. Let me double-check!

Edit: Okay maybe it was a different university, but you are right there are several UT interviews posted.

I can confirm that Indiana has scheduled some interviews already.

It is still early though folks, so don't start to panic! I know it's hard, I remember being in your position...geez, 8 years ago now. It is stressful and sometimes frustrating. Just try to stay positive, and not dwell on it too much.

One thing you have to remember, is that in accounting, it is also recruiting season for new assistant professors. And that process has moved up earlier into the spring semester now that they have the Miami recruiting conference in late Nov/early Dec. So schools are generally more focused on that than they are on PhD recruiting. Plus in the month between finals and the start of the spring semester, I can tell you from experience as a faculty member, there is very little communication among the faculty and/or faculty meetings. So if a school has a 12/15 deadline for PhD applications, it is very likely they will not discuss those applications as a faculty until the first week of spring classes, at the earliest!

I'd guess over the next few weeks, people will start hearing a lot more.

I wouldn't worry yet, I've only seen a few come through (on GradCafe). Have any of yours popped up on there yet? May I ask where you are applying, or do you prefer not to share?

Despite taxPhD's very sound advice (mirrored by many others), it is so hard not to worry incessantly, is it not?

• 2 weeks later...
The thing is so many apply to so many schools, the probability of getting an admit is quite high. However most applicants would wait for the best schools so it would take some time to settle.

It may be a brutal two months :) i'm still working at my patience :)