See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 121 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1268

Thread: 2017 Ph.D. Business Administration Sweat Thread

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Re: 2017 Ph.D. Business Administration Sweat Thread

Sponsored Ad:
    This thread has been quiet. Seems most guys here have finalized their decisions. Congratulations everybody!

I finally received unofficial offer from one of my top choices last week! Super Super happy! Upon receiving the official offer I'll reject other offers on hand.

I'm still in the game though, since another top choice of mine is still keeping me on the waiting list and some insiders told me that most students came in the visit day have got some sort of better choices. Hope they won't keep we waiting for too long. Then it will be a difficult choice: my current offer has better interest fit & better curriculum setup, but has been placing students badly for past 5 to 10 years. The school I'm waiting for has better ranking, great placement, but I worry that I won't be smart enough to succeed in the program. Guys do you have any suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by PobleNou View Post
    Any movement or news for anyone?

My full paperwork came through finally, and all that is left is to accept the offer, which I would be doing soon. It kind of dawned on me (in a good way) that there is no going back once I click that accept button, and the race is in to get the PhD. I have been approached by current students (very kind of them) at the school, so would be having detailed conversations about the programme and the school.

Good post? Yes | No

That's awesome. Too late to get cold feet now. You'll follow through. I know you will.

By the way I had the same thing happen to me with the current PhD students AND 2-3 faculty members who reached out to me. I think I have finally found the right school for me. It feels right. I'll visit them early next week, but I am pretty sure this is the right school. Their admin assistant sent me a second email today after the first one she had sent an hour earlier just to apologize for misspelling my name in the first one. My name gets misspelled by people all the time and very rarely does anyone even notice. That just really made me smile.
    I think having other students reaching out to welcome you is a great sign and indicates good things about their culture.
    We did it!

Any movement or news for anyone?

My full paperwork came through finally, and all that is left is to accept the offer, which I would be doing soon. It kind of dawned on me (in a good way) that there is no going back once I click that accept button, and the race is in to get the PhD. I have been approached by current students (very kind of them) at the school, so would be having detailed conversations about the programme and the school.
    Applied: 14, Interviews: 11, Accepted: 6, Waitlisted: 1, Rejected: 4

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No

Yes, absolutely no going back. I clicked the accept offer button today evening and it is all official now.

Yes, small gestures may be, from the school and current students, but validates our decision. Good luck with your school visit.

I am on a business trip again and not far from the school. Planning to go to the school sometime and talk to current students. I wonder whether I can get some course material from them and start studying for a headstart.

Quote Originally Posted by Silviatx View Post
    That's awesome. Too late to get cold feet now. You'll follow through. I know you will.

By the way I had the same thing happen to me with the current PhD students AND 2-3 faculty members who reached out to me. I think I have finally found the right school for me. It feels right. I'll visit them early next week, but I am pretty sure this is the right school. Their admin assistant sent me a second email today after the first one she had sent an hour earlier just to apologize for misspelling my name in the first one. My name gets misspelled by people all the time and very rarely does anyone even notice. That just really made me smile.
    I think having other students reaching out to welcome you is a great sign and indicates good things about their culture.
    We did it!

Good post? Yes | No

Good Lord! You are such an overachiever!

I wonder whether I can get some course material from them and start studying for a headstart.

Good post? Yes | No

I always thought I was bad.... but you definitely beat me. ha ha

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No

It is almost 10 years I have been away from school, so need some headstart! Not worried about getting through the coursework, but reading now would mean more enjoyment and pleasure of learning than when the classes start.

Quote Originally Posted by Silviatx View Post
    Good Lord! You are such an overachiever!
    Applied: 12 /Accepted: 1 / Rejected: 4 / Interviewed: 4 / Waitlisted: 0

Within my grasp!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Congratulations Ariel on the offer.

If we are smart enough to get into a PhD programme, we are smart enough to succeed in the programme too. So, I wouldn't worry about that. Given April 15 deadline is less than a month away, you should hear soon. If not, you seem to have an offer from a school that fits your interest. As long as they have placed well before the time period you had mentioned, you should be able to get to those top research schools based on your research output.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel s View Post
    This thread has been quiet. Seems most guys here have finalized their decisions. Congratulations everybody!

I finally received unofficial offer from one of my top choices last week! Super Super happy! Upon receiving the official offer I'll reject other offers on hand.

I'm still in the game though, since another top choice of mine is still keeping me on the waiting list and some insiders told me that most students came in the visit day have got some sort of better choices. Hope they won't keep we waiting for too long. Then it will be a difficult choice: my current offer has better interest fit & better curriculum setup, but has been placing students badly for past 5 to 10 years. The school I'm waiting for has better ranking, great placement, but I worry that I won't be smart enough to succeed in the program. Guys do you have any suggestion?
    Applied: 12 /Accepted: 1 / Rejected: 4 / Interviewed: 4 / Waitlisted: 0

Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Blog Entries

Good post? Yes | No

Is there anyone who got any reply from PhD Supply & Operations at Carlson (U Minnesota) Management School?

thanks

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Congratulations Ariel!

I am worried about that too by the way. That I won't be smart enough to keep up or won't be able to handle the pressure well.
    I was accepted by the school of my first choice and I know they have high expectations.
    It will be tough for sure, but hopefully Poble is right.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Congratulations! I hope you are celebrating! The waitlists are tough, but I'm sure receiving the offer is a great relief. I agree with Poble - don' t discount your ability to complete the program, but if you question it, I certainly would inquire / investigate completion rates to gain more comfort in your decision.

Thread Information