Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Admission chance of international students in PhD Business programs in Trump era

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Admission chance of international students in PhD Business programs in Trump era

Sponsored Ad:
    Dear all,

I am an international student from Asia and I would want your opinion on chances of international students like me getting accepted in business PhD programs in the Trump regime. Given President Trump's nationalistic stance, are international students at a greater disadvantage than before in securing admissions to business PhD programs? Moreover, what are the chances that international students will get scholarships for their studies and jobs in USA after they graduate? Thank you for your comments.

Best Regards,

Joshua

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Re: Admission chance of international students in PhD Business programs in Trump era

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Dear all,

I am an international student from Asia and I would want your opinion on chances of international students like me getting accepted in business PhD programs in the Trump regime. Given President Trump's nationalistic stance, are international students at a greater disadvantage than before in securing admissions to business PhD programs? Moreover, what are the chances that international students will get scholarships for their studies and jobs in USA after they graduate? Thank you for your comments.

Best Regards,

Joshua
    I am extremely biased in regards to the new US President so take my opinion with a grain of salt and I will express my opinion as carefully as possible so I won't upset anyone here:

It seems like the new administration wants to pursue a lot of changes and yes, definitely has a nationalistic stance, so your concerns are not unreasonable. I do believe it will get harder for foreigners to obtain students and work visas, but that's just my personal opinion. It probably is not at the top of Trump's priority list right now.

An Urch Guru Pundit Swami Sage

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Re: Admission chance of international students in PhD Business programs in Trump era

Depends on the country. I don't see a change for the countries that most students come from, but certain countries will be restricted soon. His administration has expressed much more concern over illegal immigration than legal, so I doubt that the normal visa process will be negatively affected in the near future.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.re...ndroid-verizon

BCB
    Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

The media is saying that Trump is planning on issuing a few executive orders on immigration tomorrow.

A long long time ago XanthusARES's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good post? Yes | No

This is a really fair question, particularly in light of specific orders that are likely to come out tomorrow. I agree with YaS, for most PhD programs I doubt there will be any changes in likelihood of acceptance. Scholarships are rarely government related in Business Schools, so this will probably not be impacted (however I could be wrong, I made a lot of incorrect assumptions about Trump since he first started running).

As far as finding a job and staying in America afterwards, I would again say it's probably not going to be much different than it is today. It might be slightly harder to get a visa, but if school wants to hire you that process should be pretty straightforward and won't see much difficulty above the normal bureaucratic nonsense.
    Til now I always got by on my own
    I never really cared until I met you...

Thread Information