Urch Forums

Berkeley Haas vs MIT Sloan?

jks

Congratulations! Both are great schools so you will not regret with either choice.

Personally, if I were you I would choose Sloan as it has huge brand name and prestigious. Also Sloan seems to have bigger department so you may have more support or change your advisor if needed. However, I heard that recent placements from Haas have been very good in the last few years.

I would suggest you look at the placement of both schools and see which one is better (depending also on your field). Also ask your profs, they have more inside information about the academic world than we do.All else equal, you can think about the location and financial support.

P/s: I'm also finance applicant so it would be great if you could tell a bit about your profile so that I can see my competitiveness.

I think it's very helpful and informative to talk to current students in both programs.

Hello,

I received offers from both schools and would like some advice on which school to pick. There are professors who I'd like to work with at both schools and both schools have very good research fit with me. So, it is very hard for me to base my decision on "fit" only.

I would love to have your recommendations and feedback, any suggestions are appreciated!

Edited by littlechild