See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On Rankings

A long long time ago XanthusARES's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good post? Yes | No

Re: On Rankings

Sponsored Ad:
    I'll let someone who understands what you just said answer that specifically. I don't know really anything about accounting research.
    Til now I always got by on my own
    I never really cared until I met you...

An Urch Guru Pundit Swami Sage

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Xixixixixixi View Post
    Hi XanthusARES, my last reply don't show up so i would love to try a really short one. In my case, the methodology would be Financial accounting archival, and the key areas can be market efficiency, earning coefficients. So I use these key areas to make my own list, right?
    Archival Financial work is by far the biggest research area. Most schools with PhD programs have several professors that are actively working in the area. I would look at a ton of paper titles and abstracts to get an idea of the questions that people are answering at a particular school. Earnings Response coefficients are not something that I would look for specifically. It is just too narrow and an older line of research. Market efficiency is interesting and can be thought of more broadly. I wouldn't get too tied to a subfield though if you don't have a really good reason to. You will get exposure to lots of research during a program and will likely find several areas interesting.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

I agree with you that my research interest might change. Honestly, I do find market efficiency interesting but only a few weeks ago when I first started to read a survey paper of Financial archival. And that's my first time of getting to know accounting research systematically, so I can't say i know my research interest very well. I don't wanna get too tied on subfields but I do wanna use that to make a smaller school list as you guys discussed in this post. Also, I think I need to put certain subfields when writing my sop?

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Thanks YaSvoboden. I agree with you that my interest might change during a program, and honestly i'm not very solid about my current interest subfields because I just started to systematically know about accounting research by reading a survey paper a few weeks ago. However, I got a list of 70 schools and I do wanna use research interest to make that list shorter, and I guess i also need to state sub field interest in a sop, right?

Trying to make mom and pop proud

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Great post!

Since I'm in the Supply Chain and Logisitics Field maybe I can add some info that you can roll into your OP.

Ranking for SCM/Logistics is broken down by the kind of research the school produces. There is an empirical research list, and then an analytical one as well. Both can be found here: University Rankings - The SCM Journal List

This list is recognized and has support from most of the leading faculty in the field (Endorsers - The SCM Journal List)

This list should not be considered definitive but is a very good indication of where schools rank based on their research output.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information