Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any tips on UArk interviews please?

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Re: Any tips on UArk interviews please?

Sponsored Ad:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xixixixixixi View Post
    Thank you! I have the same quant issue in GMAT with you and fortunately they didn't bring up during the interview haha.
    You had the interview already? How did it go? What did they ask?

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by FeastLumpi View Post
    You had the interview already? How did it go? What did they ask?
    Yes. I think the conversation went well, but honestly as an applicant, I can never tell. They asked some general questions such as why UArk and why PhD. Nothing technical.

Good post? Yes | No

As as said, things your research about schools/faculty and your statement of purpose should help you with. Questions like "Why UArk?" or "Why a PhD?" may seem innocuous for someone who did a good job before the application and have a good idea what they are getting into (and that seems to be your case). But that's not the case for many people who seem to be interested in a PhD, and then they can have a hard time answering questions like that.

I know that kind of thing is covered in the statement of purpose, but the statement is very limited and I think that's good they checked again in an interview and gave you the chance to express your reasons directly. As StrategicMGMT wrote, you had ticked the boxes on paper, now they had to check with the interview.

Not being able to tell is actually good too. Because usually we can't tell when it went well, but we can tell when it went bad.

Did they tell you if there will be another interview, or what should you expect next?

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianPhD View Post
    As as said, things your research about schools/faculty and your statement of purpose should help you with. Questions like "Why UArk?" or "Why a PhD?" may seem innocuous for someone who did a good job before the application and have a good idea what they are getting into (and that seems to be your case). But that's not the case for many people who seem to be interested in a PhD, and then they can have a hard time answering questions like that.

I know that kind of thing is covered in the statement of purpose, but the statement is very limited and I think that's good they checked again in an interview and gave you the chance to express your reasons directly. As StrategicMGMT wrote, you had ticked the boxes on paper, now they had to check with the interview.

Not being able to tell is actually good too. Because usually we can't tell when it went well, but we can tell when it went bad.

Did they tell you if there will be another interview, or what should you expect next?
    What you said here is true. Preparations that I have done when I wrote my statement of purpose really helped a lot!
    And yes, they said there will another campus visit in January and I shall hear from them in this week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information