"From a total of 171 interviews:
- 3 were in the month of December;
- 2 were in January between 1st and 15th;
- 52 were in January between 16th and 31st;
- 99 were in February;
- 11 were in March;
- 4 were in April."
So, expecting to see some good news here soon. It's pretty exciting to be on this side too.
Current applicant who has not yet heard from any school (to my knowledge, only one of my schools has had any activity, based on Gradcafe's self-reported system) checking in to remind all of you that:
(1) A lot of people on this very forum last year didn't have their first interview until February. Things picked up a little in the back half of January, but if they don't for you, hang tough well into February. It can turn around!
(2) Some people who did not get an interview in the first round of notifications last year were not rejected, but rather wait-listed, so if you've seen a program to which you applied already making some moves, you might not be totally done there.
Good luck, and keep your stress low! If you applied, chances are you researched what it takes to get admitted and what programs would be a good fit for you. That doesn't guarantee admission, but it means you at least saw something in your own profile to feel like you had a shot to get in and a chance to succeed if admitted—so it's certainly possible that some department will see that, too!
Notification Type: Skype Interview
Institution Name: Northwestern University (Kellogg School of Management)
Concentration Applying to: Finance
Date of Notification: 11/01/2018
Type of Notification : Email
Additional Comments: Interview scheduled for 18 or 19 January 2018.
I have no direct experience, so it's only a general guess based on what I've heard or read somewhere. I'd say that approximately 90% of applicants get rejected without the opportunity for an interview. From the remaining 10%, 40%-80% will get offers (sometimes without an interview) and the range is wide depending on the school. Some of those applicants who got offers will not accept them (mostly because they got better ones from other schools), data from Duke shows that only about 50% of those who are admitted actually become matriculated.
For a Kellogg's Finance PhD, using the data they have at its website from 2013, that would mean that from approximately 250 applicants, 225 would be rejected without an interview. From the remaining 25, almost all would be interviewed, about 10 would have an offer, and 5 would enroll.
So, getting an interview is a huge leap, but of course it doesn't mean a sure thing yet.
I know a few years ago in accounting they interviewed 8 and all were admitted.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)