Urch Forums

Wharton, Kellogg, Kenan-Flagler, Tepper PhD Management

youngmonet

Hi guys,

I wanted to solicit feedback on the reputation of Wharton's management program, specifically OB area. When I look for previous posts, I can only find discussion of Econ or Finance, so I thought I'd open this up to see if there are any hits. When I think about the feel of my interviews, research, and placement of other programs to which I applied, Wharton seems like the clear choice. What about faculty? Are they too star-studded to provide attention, or is this a misconception? Can any of the other programs contend (Kellogg, maybe)?

It's a great program. In my personal experience, if you do a PhD in a program like that (or really any top 10ish program), your outcome will depend much more on your abilities, persistence, and academic hustle (including managing your faculty/advisors) than the program itself.

Thank you for the advice, doingfine.

Hi guys,

I wanted to solicit feedback on the reputation of Wharton's management program, specifically OB area. When I look for previous posts, I can only find discussion of Econ or Finance, so I thought I'd open this up to see if there are any hits. When I think about the feel of my interviews, research, and placement of other programs to which I applied, Wharton seems like the clear choice. What about faculty? Are they too star-studded to provide attention, or is this a misconception? Can any of the other programs contend (Kellogg, maybe)?

Sorry to interrupt, but did you hear back from UNC after interview? Also did you get invited to Kellogg?