Urch Forums

Please review my profile for PhD in business (Fall 2019).

concord92

Hello Everyone,

I am a 26-year old Indian male national looking to do a PhD from a leading US/European business school in preferably a quantitatively - inclined field. My profile for your reference:

Class X: 94.00% (ICSE)

Class XII: 96.25% (ISC), school topper; 100% in Maths.

- Among the 110 candidates in India (out of 50K) to clear ISI's B.Stat admission test.

- Ranked 9th in WBJEE (out of 100K)

- Cleared IITJEE successfully.

UG:

B.E. Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (Jadavpur University)

- GPA: 9.0/10

- GRE: 330/340 (AWA: 5.5/6.0)

- Among the top 5% of the graduating class

- Published 1 international journal (SCOPUS indexed) and 9 IEEE/Springer conf papers on bio-

inspired Machine Learning algorithms.

- Summer internships: NTU Singapore & a highly ranked tech R&D firm based in India (got a PPO)

- Got fully funded MS/PhD offers from Georgia Tech, Purdue, UPenn, Penn State, CMU .(rejected all).

- Scored 99.87% in CAT & 99.97% in XAT =× Joined IIM A PGDM.

Technical skills: C/C++, Java, MATLAB

PG:

GPA: 3.1/4 (top 30%)

Focus - Finance, Data Science & Strategy

Papers:

- Reaction-Diffusion Equations with Applications to Economic Systems [book chapter] Econophysics and Sociophysics (Springer)

- An Unbiased Critique of the Fluid Relationship between Happiness and Advertising. (IIM C research conf)

- An eclectic demystification of Operation Barga (National Law Uni research conf)

- Towards a model National IPR policy for India (independent SSRN submission), recommended for publication by Noam Chomski.

Summer Internship: Quant Strategy at a US bulge bracket IB (final interview offer)

Final placement: With a European bulge bracket IB.

past 2 years:

- Cleared both levels of the FRM exam - awaiting certification post completion of relevant work experience.

- Quant Strategist/Analyst on the Synthetic Equity Trading desk of the bank (specifically, have a good understanding of how Prime Finance as a business works with a fair understanding of smart beta products & thematic/CROCI baskets).

- Promoted to "Associate" in the first cycle.

Skills picked up: Excel/VBA, postgreSQL, R, Bloomberg, Eikon Reuters and a whole list of trading risk management systems.

GMAT: 750 (42 VA + 49 QA), 5/6 AWA & 8/8 IR.

Could you please help me regarding how I can build my profile and the tracks/concentrations/areas I should apply to in order to get into the best schools? I intend to start in Fall 2019.

Thanks,

• 7 months later...