Urch Forums

PhD in Accounting - Profile Evaluation (Fall 2019)

rizma

Hi Everyone

I am considering applying for PhD admissions for next fall.

My profile is:

Master of Accounting - The Ohio State University

GPA - 3.91 (Top 10% of the graduating class)

I did the program with Fulbright Scholarship.

MBA - University of Dhaka

GPA - 3.97

BBA - University of Dhaka

GPA - 3.98

GMAT - 600 (my concern)

Work Experience: More than 4 years (Currently working as an Assistant Professor of Accounting at University of Dhaka)

I would be grateful if you guys can suggest me some universities in the USA/Canada. My preferred areas are: Auditing, Forensic Accounting and Earnings Management.

I am uncomfortable with reappearing for GMAT again. :(

Regards

Edited by rizma

Do you still have a relationship with any of the professors at OSU? They have placed people out their master's program into good PhD programs a number of times.

Also, are you interested in archival or behavioral research? The answer changes the set of schools that you will apply to.

There are programs that you could get into with a 600, but bumping that up would be very helpful.

Thanks for your response. I do have some connections with two of them. I'd say they'll recognize me if I ask for their recommendation. As for the type of research, I think I'm more inclined towards archival. Can you please suggest some schools that I can apply to with as low a score as 600.