Sponsored Ad:

Thread: Do schools mass-reach out to people to encourage them to apply last minute?

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Do schools mass-reach out to people to encourage them to apply last minute?

Sponsored Ad:
    Hey Friendz, so I wonder if this is a sign that someone is really interested or another mass email reminder of application deadline? Very confused right now bc the school who did this seems pretty hard to get in and that's what deterred me from even thinking about applying in the first place...

Good post? Yes | No

Re: Do schools mass-reach out to people to encourage them to apply last minute?

Help.....

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Yes they mass email

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by StrategicMGMT View Post
    Yes they mass email
    Thank you! LOL why would they do this though if they're not even interested in people annoyed...

I haven't even started an application with them...didn't have the gut to guess I'll pass then

Lol in hindsight might as well do my best...lol very self-conflicted now
    Last edited by EUU; 11-25-2018 at 06:26 AM.

Forum Associate

Good post? Yes | No

Just a thought... Schools that mass email as many potential applicants they can find are looking to increase their applicant pool. The more applicants they have, the more of a chance they can find potentially a good candidate. It's no guarantee that they will seriously consider you if your profile is not meeting typical standards (subjective, depending on school). Again, it's just a strategy to market their program to increase the size of the applicant pool.

Grasp. Analyze. Repeat

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by EUU View Post
    Thank you! LOL why would they do this though if they're not even interested in people annoyed...
    Guess you have the email(s) coming from schools in the US. If yes, then there is a reason for an increase in mass mailers this year. Though it is still early, schools that have deadlines in December might be seeing lower number of applications due to uncertainties on many many fronts. Of course this may not apply to T20 or even T30 schools.

Does this mean an increased chance? My guess is - not really. Like tm_associate says, some standards have to be met for the school to give your application a serious look.

Grasp. Analyze. Repeat

Good post? Yes | No

On a side note though, and this is not tested or proven, one can start the application on the school's portal and leave it unfinished. If you are contacted by a human from the school's admissions dept, then you can be somewhat sure that they want to give you a serious look.

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by tm_associate View Post
    Just a thought... Schools that mass email as many potential applicants they can find are looking to increase their applicant pool. The more applicants they have, the more of a chance they can find potentially a good candidate. It's no guarantee that they will seriously consider you if your profile is not meeting typical standards (subjective, depending on school). Again, it's just a strategy to market their program to increase the size of the applicant pool.
    Oh I see thank you

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhDAspirant View Post
    Guess you have the email(s) coming from schools in the US. If yes, then there is a reason for an increase in mass mailers this year. Though it is still early, schools that have deadlines in December might be seeing lower number of applications due to uncertainties on many many fronts. Of course this may not apply to T20 or even T30 schools.

Does this mean an increased chance? My guess is - not really. Like tm_associate says, some standards have to be met for the school to give your application a serious look.
    I see thank you when you mentioned that "this may not apply to T20 or even T30 schools," did you mean that they mass email just to increase the number of potential rejects lol haha that's a smart way of making themselves more competitive haha

Thread Information