Urch Forums

My profile

ramsden2006

For the most part, it is because of the Dr. Which will probably bring up the question, "Why in Finance/Economics and not Electrical Engineering?". Well the answer is - because i dont want to narrow my future career options further. I have already specialied in Semi-conductors/VLSI for my MSEE and i think opening up to another career field would benefit me immensely.

It will be a bit tough. Are you a domestic student or international? Top 10 will be difficult.

Try taking micro, macro and other pre requisite courses as well as math (which I think that your engineering background covers)

Try getting involved in some economics / finance research and get a couple of publications before applying.

Finance will be easier for you but even then for the top 10 schools, the application is pretty random, a gre score of over 1400 with 770 - 800 in quant or a gmat score of over 750 is necessary but not sufficient.

Try getting involved in some similar research with professors...

Finance will be easier for you but even then for the top 10 schools, the application is pretty random, a gre score of over 1400 with 770 - 800 in quant or a gmat score of over 750 is necessary but not sufficient.

How many folks get a GMAT score of > 750 do you think? :hmm:The highest GMAT score averages that I have seen at any school is Wharton at 750. Even Chicago has an average GMAT score of 737 in their admit pool.

Good point, but lets look at the fact that the OP is an international student. We international students have to be more competitive and hence, our scores need to be better than the average domestic application pool.

While that would be a good addition, I am not saying that it is sufficient. Publications are more important in my opinion.

although econ phd programs looking for people with econ ,math background I dont think finance need much of macro ,micro things. I searched lot of bio's fr om finance phd programs and lot of are from engineering background .

so i dont think your engineering background would be a problem you u have good gre or gmat score.