Urch Forums

First-come First-serve basis in evaluating applications

econominee

Hello Everyone!

As most of you do, I check my e-mails a dozen of times a day to check my application status. However, I am really curious as to if early applicants have more chances of getting into PhDs. I applied to most of the schools one day before the deadline. Does it mean that I need to wait till they read all of the early applications? In other words, do adcoms read/evaluate applications on first-come first-serve basis? :confused:

Thanks in advance

Best of luck to all of you

Econominee

I don't think they even look at any of the applications until after the deadline. It isn't like Law School with rolling admissions... This is addressed in the FAQs of most schools.

Do you mean that an application sent on deadline might be evaluated earlier or on the same day than that sent two months prior to deadline? i had thought that after the deadline, adcoms list all the applications in terms of the day/time they are sent and evaluate them accordingly. If I am wrong, I would save a lot of time from checking my e-mails.