Urch Forums

Kellogg Interview!

jeeves0923

I really want to knock this interview out of the park... Kellogg is extremely high on my list. Anyone from previous years have advice for me here? I expect they'll ask about my past research, proposed future research, why I like the program? Anything else I should be prepared for?

This is all speculation, but I'd imagine you should be prepared to go into further detail on anything that you put in your SOP, and reconsidering your NSF grant proposal would probably be a good idea. I highly doubt they'd ask anything technical (I really find it amazing that Finance firms will ask these kind of questions, and ****, D.E. Shaw will ask you Putnam-esque questions).

I'd say just be relaxed and pretend like you're talking to a fellow Grad Student about your research.

Maybe you could have one of your professors prep you?

Congrats! I knew you would make it to the interview, and I'm pretty sure you'll do well on that also! Hope to hear you getting a better news from that school!

Me too!

They are wasting no time. The interview will be soon! I'm going back through my entire application right now... Goodness and I have to teach today too!

Chicu, I hope to meet you on the other side of this process. If/when that day comes, we can smoke a cigar and have some Scotch.

Congrats Jeeves! [banana] Just for kicks...maybe you can spend the entire 15 minutes showing them around this Econ forum, jk.:wizard:

Haha that would be really funny. I wonder if they are familiar with it... My guess is yes. I would wet myself if they addressed me as 'jeeves' in my interview...

haha good one Lime.

Congrats jeeves! I don't think I have any idea what an interview with them will be like, but my guess is that during interviews people look for red flags more so than reasons to admit you. I think it's just easier to decide on who to reject, rather than on who to admit. So if you manage the whole thing confidently and don't fall short on anything connected with your application you should be fine. But that's a wild guess, I might be wrong.

Hi, I don't know if it helps, but I had a phone interview with kellogg for a PHD in accounting. The interview was really easy and friendly, they didn't ask me anything unespected. The main question was my interest for the program. It went well, I was accepted a week after the interview :tup:, so congratulations!!!

Hi, I don't know if it helps, but I had a phone interview with kellogg for a PHD in accounting. The interview was really easy and friendly, they didn't ask me anything unespected. The main question was my interest for the program. It went well, I was accepted a week after the interview :tup:, so congratulations!!!

Let's hope I am as fortunate as you! I'm now not so much nervous as I am excited. I really really like the department. It would be a great place to spend the next several years. So here's to hoping the interview goes well... I gotta split and do some teaching now! Goodness... my students will notice the anxiety, I'm sure :)