Urch Forums

QEM Erasumus Mundus vs. Duke AM vs. UF Ph.D.

Peruano929

Any thoughts? Initial opinion?

No funding at QEM ( - $12k tuition). Half at Duke ( - $15k in tuition in fees). Probably fully funded at Florida (+ 24k including external scholarship).

My goal is a top Ph.D. Florida would of course contradict this. However, maybe in the end I'll decide to go there - I like G-ville and the program appears legit.

Thanks!

Any thoughts? Initial opinion?

No funding at QEM ( - $12k tuition). Half at Duke ( - $15k in tuition in fees). Probably fully funded at Florida (+ 24k including external scholarship).

My goal is a top Ph.D. Florida would of course contradict this. However, maybe in the end I'll decide to go there - I like G-ville and the program appears legit.

Thanks!

i vote duke, excellent placement recently and good research connections.

Thanks!

You know, UF might be buried in some people's rankings, but they constantly place students above their level. I feel that's a good program right there.

I have just been offered a consortium scholarship for the QEM program which would bring down the cost to 4250 per year. This is a very good value since I have been told that housing can be found for 300 euros if one is willing to room with people.

Any thoughts??

Thanks.

I would take Duke. Why didn't you apply to schools like Maryland, Wisconsin and BU?

Looking through the US Master's programs, Duke's was one of the few US Master's that seemed geared specifically towards top Ph.D. admissions. NYU for example, seemed like a very round-about way of getting into a top Ph.D. seeing as they don't let you take the Ph.D. core.

Can you give me an overview of Maryland, Wisconsin and BU?

I didn't want to get stuck in a glorified undergrad with no option. I do not know much about the above-mentioned programs.