3) Northwestern

4) Princeton

5) Chicago

6) Berkeley

7) Stanford

8) Upenn

9) Yale

10) Minnesota

If you were to shuffle then, how would you rank them? My ranking is not based on strength on a particular field.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to rank without knowing if we are talking about top 10 programs or top 10 departments, but too much fun not to join in (I'll just average I guess):

MIT

Harvard

Princeton

Chicago

Stanford

Berkeley

Yale

Northwestern

NYU

Penn

Departments US

MIT

Harvard

Chicago

Stanford

Princeton

Berkeley

Northwestern

Yale

NYU

Penn

Programs US

MIT

Harvard

Northwestern

Stanford

Princeton

Yale

Berkeley

Chicago

NYU

Minnesota

*Reflects a combination of my preferences and hearsay more than fact

Chicago Harvard

MIT

Yale

Princeton

Stanford

U Penn

Berkeley

Northwestern

NYU

Checking many world-recognized rankings would convince you its validility.

Hehe. I really hope you were kidding. It was good for the Lulz though.

On that note, I would take NWU over Penn, Chicago or Stanford 7 days a week and twice on sundays.

On that note, I would take NWU over Penn, Chicago or Stanford 7 days a week and twice on sundays.

I would also take Berkeley over Stanford (unless it was GSB)... but no one here seems to agree...

Also, unless I was into Development + Trade, I would take Northwestern over Princeton. So I guess my ranking (program not dept) would look something like:

MIT

Harvard

Northwestern

Princeton

Berkeley

Stanford~Yale

Chicago

NYU

Penn~Minnesota

Yeah, that's 11. You can deal with it...

I think this thread has lost its original intention. Some people are simply advocating their own school.

and by "some"... you mean yourself? ;)

i had the impression that people are quite frank about the rankings. of course, take their own school's ranking with a grain of salt, but the others should be fine.

When you've been on TM as long as we have, you start to see the same threads cycle themselves through.

I can't imagine what it's like for asquare.

no matter what, i'd take 100000000 top 10 econ phd program threads than the millions of animal collective threads that popped up on other forums when mpp was released.

I think this thread has lost its original intention. Some people are simply advocating their own school.

Lulz. Really?

I suppose I should weigh in:

1. UToronto Queen's

3. MIT

4. Harvard

5. Princeton

6. NWU

7. Yale

8. Berkeley

9. Stanford

10. Columbia

(Sorry, Jeeves, I know you wanted to go to Toronto, too. But alas, you'll have to settle for #3.)

Well, I dare not say anything but that Northwestern is by no means in the top 5 or even top 10...:hmm:

I respect your decision to go to Chicago, and you'll surely do well, but someone has been drinking that Koolaid that the dude in the trenchcoat hands out on the street corner.

You shouldn't take candy, or juice from strangers.

NWU's placements, the opinions of academics across the board, and just from my own personal experience, watching applicants take NWU over Stanford, Chicago, Yale, Penn, NYU, Columbia, etc., numerous times says different.

It's been rare to see someone take Chicago over NWU on this board (when they had the chance. And of course sometimes they took neither.)