Urch Forums

How many Economics Courses in Total?

Unikkatel

Thanks for the responses guys. I am going to be taking around 23 Economics courses. They are all going to be one semester (half a year). That equates to around 2 and 1/2 years worth of economics courses (assuming 5 per semester)...Is this the norm?

Why so many? I would think you would be better off taking some math or graduate level econ classes.

I've taken 9 undergrad econ courses (semester system); 7 of them freshman year and 2 sophomore year; I've also done and will do some more grad level econ though. I bet if you ask your professors they will tell you to take more math over more econ if you're planning on grad school.

That's quite a lot. When I get to finish my undergraduate degree, I would have taken around 12 Economics classes, plus the thesis seminar class (semester system.)

Intro Micro

Intro Macro

Macro

Micro

Math Econ

Econometrics

5 electives

I agree with the earlier post; your professors will most probably tell you to take more math courses.

I demand a list

Oh boy, this should be fun :doh:

Econ:

Contemporary econ issues, intro micro/macro, intermediate micro/macro (at 2 different schools), advanced micro/macro, intro econometrics (x2), econometrics (x3), Issues in IO, Issues in growth/dev., Intl trade, intl finance, multinational corps., econ of the pacific NW, urban & regional, labor econ, IO, public econ, health econ, history of thought, monetary theory, monetary policy, behavioral & experimental, economic forecasting, IO & public policy, PhD seminars in: Game theory, IO, Monetary Econ, Time Series

Math:

Calc 1-3, intro stats, linear algebra (x2), diffy qs, multivariable calc (x2), statistics (x2), regression & variance, elementary analysis, discrete dynamical systems

To be fair that was over the course of 7 years (I have a BA in math & econ and an MA in econ)

8 in Econ:

Principles of Economics

Micro I - II

Macro I - II

International Economics

Monetary Policy and Banking

Econometrics

8 in Maths:

Algebra

Linear Algebra

Calculus I-II-III

Statistics I-II

Forecasting Methods

13 in Finance:

Accounting I-II-III

Finance I-II-III

Capital Markets

International Finance

Corporate Finance

Company Valuation

Financial Instruments Management

Projects Financial Evaluation

Financial Decisions

Plus almost 14 more courses in other stuffs like Management, etc, etc.

All are semester courses and taken in my BA in Finance.

Regards