Urch Forums

QEM Erasmus Mundus 2010

jobu86

Hi folks,

did anyone got admission from QEM yet?

I need to know, since I should decide whether to go to GSE by this week, but I prefer QEM...

I doubt that the admission office in Pairs will tell me, if I send them an email.

Cheers,

Jobu

Hi, jobu86, I already received the admission last month, I guess it was 18th Feb, and I am under the waiting list of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. They send it one shot one.. First email was for those who are under main list of the scholarship, then 2nd email was for those under waiting list.

I have some doubts about applying to QEM. I emailed one of the directors of this program from UAB and she told me that most students from QEM ended up working in the private sector, and that only 2 where placed into top programs in the US: one in NYU and the other one in Boston University. However, she told me that only 2 classes have come out of this program, and that it is bases on some previous couseworks of UAB, which has placed students students in top US programs.I think the courswork of QEM is perfect for what

for what I am looking for: a strong preparation for a PHD program. However, I read in some threads before the outage that the atrition rate is high, that the professors have little contact with the students, and thus it is difficult to get a strong LOR for a top PHD programs. Can anyone tell me his or her impressions about this QEM Erasmus Mundus program? Is it a good idea to complete it if your goal is tu pursue a PHD in the US? Would you reccomend it over other european programs such as UBC or CEMFI?

• 2 weeks later...