Urch Forums

Attrition rate at the following schools

princetonhost

in minnesota first year attrition should be something very close to zero as you can take the qualifiers again and again and again...

i am also sure that for a person who have all these excellent admissions should not worry about the attrition rates and most of the top schools that rate is known to be quite low (it might be policy of those schools i guess).

one exception... i've heard that penn has the highest attrition among all these schools.

I wonder what is the situation in Columbia? Finance students have to take same exams as econom students in the first year (3 prelims - real hell) and based on the information from this forum it seems that they kick students easily (e.g. 4 out of 18).

I've heard that MN is basically zero, if you want to stay, you stay-- but you might take a long time to finish. I have also heard that Penn kicks out around 30% in the first year based on previous years. It would be great have some info on these schools.

To the OP...this is a question for the school itself (the department), not for a forum full of people speculating on what it may be from 2nd hand knowledge. The schools have the hard data and usually do not mind sharing it with potential students.

Also, there are a few people at Minnesota and at Stanford that occasionally visit the boards, I am sure you can find out who it is by doing a simple search.

I disagree, many students from various programs are on the boards and they will know this information from their years.

You're right, thats why I wrote this: "Also, there are a few people at Minnesota and at Stanford that occasionally visit the boards, I am sure you can find out who it is by doing a simple search."

The schools are still the ideal source of information.

I've heard that MN is basically zero, if you want to stay, you stay-- but you might take a long time to finish. I have also heard that Penn kicks out around 30% in the first year based on previous years. It would be great have some info on these schools.

Really? Then do I get funding if I don't pass prelim and still want to stay?

Really? Then do I get funding if I don't pass prelim and still want to stay?

I'm sure the funding package has some sort of a clause that says it is based on satisfactory progress. If you are failing your prelims over and over again, I would say that's not quite satisfactory :).