I guess u will get the money!
As you may know from other posts, I am really really keen to go to Michigan for my PhD. It is a fantastic match in terms of research interests, faculty, location, culture and general fit. It would be my dream to go there. Unfortunately I haven't received funding for first year and this has meant I've been unable to accept it, but so far I have been reluctant to accept other funded offers in case U-Mich funding comes through at the last minute.
Just wondering about others out there who have offers from Michigan (funded & unfunded) - who's thinking of accepting and who's thinking of declining?
N.B: This is not a plea for you to decline quickly and is meant to put no pressure on you for a decision. I genuinely just want more information on people's thought so i can get an idea of what the funding outlook is ... so that i (and others like me) can make some plans ....
Thanks guys! Really appreciate it
I spoke with the admissions director about funding last week; they'll make some offers once they've got enough declinations of funded offers, but won't fund about half of the first year students. I'd probably still go unfunded, but you and I are in the same boat
In addition, several of the grad students I met were unfunded their first year, and none of them seemed too stressed about it; you'll be plenty able to pay off the $50k once you get a job.
If I felt confident about the loan I would happily take the unfunded offer, but right now I'm so uncertain it feels like too big a gamble to accept and then figure out how to pay for it!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)