Hi all, I'm having this problem now. I got accepted to an econ PhD program with funding, and as everyone knows the official date of accepting the offer is drawing near. However, I am still waiting for a job offer for a research position. I prefer working to directly attending PhD for various reasons, but I will eventually re-apply to econ PhD programs after two or three of years of working if I get the job offer. The job offer decision will not be made before April 15, and it feels risky for me to decline the PhD offer and just wait. I plan to accept the PhD offer, and decline it later if I get the job offer. Do you think this is a bad strategy? Will this harm my chance of reapplying (to other, and better) econ PhD programs after a few years? Thanks!