Urch Forums

Harvard's Nobel Prize Pool

ZomgRogged

Maybe Baumol will finally win it, though I doubt it since it seems like the committee has completely forgotten about him. The fact that if they give it to him for entrepreneurship he will have to share the prize with Kirzner hurts him too since I doubt the committee wants to give it to an Austrian. He is 88 and should have gotten it 30 years ago.

does anyone else think that it is highly unlikely anyone of those in the reuters prediction will win?

Since none of the laureates in medicine, physics and chemistry have been correctly predicted by Thomson Reuters and I assume causality between the predicted laureates and the factual laureates we all know that Alesina, Kiyotaki, Moore and Murphy won't make it this year.

Since I have perfect foresight I know it's gonna be Barro (saying this since 5 years, if Barro never dies and I repeat this every year this statement MUST come true!!! yeah!)

Shiller will nab it. By the way, is it just me, or does the buzz about Thaler being a front-runner on several prediction markets seem way overrated?

In my opinion, Thaler is about as deserving of a Nobel as anyone. That there are prediction markets giving anyone over a 30% chance of winning in any given year, however, is just silly.