Institution: University of X

Program: PhD Economics

Decision:Accepted!!

Funding: 45K for 5 years

Notification date: 1/29

Notified through: Postal Mail

Posted on GF: No

Comments: Not sure I want to attend!

Sorry, did not realize this was a comments thread! And, yes thewhiterabbit-you are correct.

What is GF? Gradcafe?

Yea, I always wondered that too. And is it asking if you yourself posted it on gradcafe, or if others have posted similar news?

Also, I assume I'm not the only one that's clicking through the 2010 rejections/admittance thread when bored, which is probably not healthy, since we're still two months away from the bulk of decisions.

Yea, I always wondered that too. And is it asking if you yourself posted it on gradcafe, or if others have posted similar news?

Also, I assume I'm not the only one that's clicking through the 2010 rejections/admittance thread when bored, which is probably not healthy, since we're still two months away from the bulk of decisions.

Yeah, you're not the only one.

Yeah, I've spent way too much time in there. I concluded that some schools give out admissions way earlier than others (e.g. Yale). And that I shouldn't expect an answer from all of them. Seriously, with the money you spend on application fees they could at least answer, so you won't have to guess an "implicit rejection".

I keep checking GC and seeing that U of KY admit with funding and freaking out that they haven't replied to me yet. But then I notice it is the ARE and no longer worry.

I can't wait to hear back from my schools. Not just because I'm interested in where I'll get to go, but also because friends and family are constantly asking me for updates on what I've heard from schools. I'm getting tired of telling people that I'll find out some time around March or April.

I can't wait to hear back from my schools. Not just because I'm interested in where I'll get to go, but also because friends and family are constantly asking me for updates on what I've heard from schools. I'm getting tired of telling people that I'll find out some time around March or April.

Same here!

I keep checking GC and seeing that U of KY admit with funding and freaking out that they haven't replied to me yet. But then I notice it is the ARE and no longer worry.

Yeah, me too. Also, moving from Europe with my partner is gonna be hard, we have so many documents to prepare that I just want to know where I'm going so we can start with the paperwork already!

Also, does anyone know if everyone who gets admitted is invited to the flyouts? Or does it depend on the school? I'd like to know if I'll be missing a week of lectures or not...