Urch Forums

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod it's here it's happening AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Peot

Guest 8675309
Why the heck is USC's econ dept website down the day the online application is due. Yes I've noticed application thread is short. Probably means people don't find TM as useful as resource as they used to, or the application pool has shrunk further. (UBC publishes their numbers, and it was last year below 2009s number, but above 2008. )

Are we beginning to freak out now?

Harvard and Stanford GSB done. UCLA tomorrow.

I'm excited! I have the discipline to be patient, but the second I hit those submit buttons it's like a switch went off in my head. I''m already furious that I haven't heard from them yet.

Harvard and Stanford GSB done. UCLA tomorrow.

I'm excited! I have the discipline to be patient, but the second I hit those submit buttons it's like a switch went off in my head. I''m already furious that I haven't heard from them yet.

Just out of curiosity, If you guys are waiting till now to submit applications, how do you guys know all the supporting material will be there in time? I thought this DEC 1st deadline was mostly for applications and all supporting material! Now I know schools give some extra time for the rest of the stuff to come in, but I thought that's only for maybe one missing document or two. Have you guys sent in all of your stuff before submitting an application? Especially for recommendation letters, how can you be sure they'll send them in time? See, that's why I was done with ALL my applications by OCT 15. I guess my freakin' out moment began back in September!

Just out of curiosity, If you guys are waiting till now to submit applications, how do you guys know all the supporting material will be there in time? I thought this DEC 1st deadline was mostly for applications and all supporting material! Now I know schools give some extra time for the rest of the stuff to come in, but I thought that's only for maybe one missing document or two. Have you guys sent in all of your stuff before submitting an application? Especially for recommendation letters, how can you be sure they'll send them in time? See, that's why I was done with ALL my applications by OCT 15. I guess my freakin' out moment began back in September!

Submitted my GRE scores etc in time. Sent out my recommendation requests weeks ago, but a couple are waiting 'til the last minute like I am. We're game theorists so it's to be expected.

Guest 8675309
I thought this DEC 1st deadline was mostly for applications and all supporting material!

I know some people who applied some places after the deadline who go in. Turned in online application the night it was due. Application deadlines are set by the graduate school and they play no bearing on when the department actually looks at your application and decides who to admit. So there is an off chance that some of these schools the applications will sit in a filing cabinet until late February.

At most schools, if you get in the actual application on time, all the supporting material such as GRE scores etc can be submitted at a later date. Obviously don't sit on it for months but if it gets there before they start the review process in January, you should be fine. There is a potential that some of your supporting material will also get lost in the mail or gets misfiled so be ready to email/fax/mail extra copies of essays, fall grades etc.