Urch Forums

2013 Application Sweat Thread

tm_member

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone here that is applying to Ohio State have a "Completed" in the LoRs? I'm sure that at least one of my recommenders submitted his letter, but I still have an "Incomplete" in all of them.

I also have an "Incomplete" for mt transcripts, but I suppose that to classify the hard-copies of transcripts take more time.

Has anyone here that is applying to Ohio State have a "Completed" in the LoRs? I'm sure that at least one of my recommenders submitted his letter, but I still have an "Incomplete" in all of them.

I also have an "Incomplete" for mt transcripts, but I suppose that to classify the hard-copies of transcripts take more time.

All of mine have submitted but only one shows completed. This was submitted 3 weeks early and the two others were submitted close to the deadline.

I have complete on my transcripts and I'm not even sure if they made it before the deadline

Griedman and app77:

I was just about to reply to this saying that I had the same situation, but then I just checked again right now, and suddenly my status says "In review" and all of my LORs are listed as being received. I know one of my recommenders sent in the letter 2 days before the deadline. Check again, they may have just merged the application system and the application status system tonight. Good Luck! (although not too much luck..I wanna get in too!)

Edited by srb1221
problems with quoting

I also have an "Incomplete" for my transcripts, but I suppose that to classify the hard-copies of transcripts take more time.

My LORs now show "Complete" and they were submitted the week of the deadline. Transcripts should have gotten there 3-4 days before the deadline but are still marked "incomplete." However the admissions portal states "Transcripts can take up to 15 business days to be marked Completed from the date they are received in Graduate Admissions." I'm not really sweating that until it's the middle of the month and they're still not marked Complete.

Griedman and app77:

I was just about to reply to this saying that I had the same situation, but then I just checked again right now, and suddenly my status says "In review" and all of my LORs are listed as being received. I know one of my recommenders sent in the letter 2 days before the deadline. Check again, they may have just merged the application system and the application status system tonight. Good Luck! (although not too much luck..I wanna get in too!)

One of five "Completed".... Still waiting.

Has anyone that applied to UC Davis knows about the "Prerequisite Course History" section? Should I have to left in blank those chemistry, biology, etc stuff, and only fill the math and statistics parts? Does the subsection of "courses in the program" should be used to economics courses or is it only intended for courses taken at Davis?

Sorry if it is a silly question, but I want to be sure ;)

Has anyone that applied to UC Davis knows about the "Prerequisite Course History" section? Should I have to left in blank those chemistry, biology, etc stuff, and only fill the math and statistics parts? Does the subsection of "courses in the program" should be used to economics courses or is it only intended for courses taken at Davis?

Sorry if it is a silly question, but I want to be sure ;)

The program should list prerequisites on its course description page. In which case, this is to say that you meet those requirements.

Maybe not the happiest post, but what are people thinking of as backups, in the horrible unfortunate case where nothing (PhD, MSc, RA position) works out?

I myself am trying not to think about it...

I haven't really thought about this much but I'd have to go the industry or do a phd in my country. Not looking forward to either or those options

Maybe not the happiest post, but what are people thinking of as backups, in the horrible unfortunate case where nothing (PhD, MSc, RA position) works out?

I myself am trying not to think about it...

I am trying to not think about it either...but I think I'll just jump into MS in Statistics at the low ranked local state school where I getting my current econ master's. I might try to get into industry....or maybe move to San Diego and try out a Box!

Is everyone just about done with their "Dec 15" batch of applications? Thoughts? I applied to U Washington, UC Davis, and Michigan.

No, that's going to be the worst day of this process. I have a real analysis 2 final exam the day before and I need to send 5 applications on the 15th. I still need to modify my SoP:s for two schools. I have a feeling I won't be sleeping much :)