Urch Forums

upenn wait list

ohtls

All of us got that email. You aren't high on the waitlist unless you show interest in them and have high likelihood of attending.

Did you receive the email saying that you are 'very high on waitlist' instead of 'high on waitlist'?

Of course, I will keep in touch with UPenn and show my interest continuously.

Did you receive the email saying that you are 'very high on waitlist' instead of 'high on waitlist'?

Of course, I will keep in touch with UPenn and show my interest continuously.

Yes I got that statement, as did my friend, and everyone on GC.

No one is forcing you to believe me.

Yes I got that statement, as did my friend, and everyone on GC.

No one is forcing you to believe me.

I received email that says 'placed high on waitlist' rather than 'placed very high on waitlist'

'

So here the word "very" seems to be the keyword?

Same situation here. Last year I was also placed high on wl at UPenn. At the end I got the admission but without funding for the first year. Apparently it is complicated to get funding if we start from being on the wl.

econcr,

Could I asked when were you accepted off the waitlist? And I was wondering what criterion they are using to select people on WL once there are slots available.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone heard from Upenn?? When will do they send the decision....

Anecdotally (i.e. n=1), they actively manage the wait list until the very end. For the next 10 days or so, people will still be visiting programs, and thus declining others. I came off the wait list on 9 April at Penn.

Anecdotally (i.e. n=1), they actively manage the wait list until the very end. For the next 10 days or so, people will still be visiting programs, and thus declining others. I came off the wait list on 9 April at Penn.

without funding for the first year?

without funding for the first year?

I had external funding, so the offer didn't include first-year funding from Penn.

But to generalize: offering funding to someone on the waitlist usually depends on earlier-round funded offer yield. For a well-regarded place like Penn, they'll typically have high yield on their funded offers. That doesn't mean the probability of receiving funding is 0, but it'd be strange (for a department that does admit some unfunded students) if that probability were very high.

I had external funding, so the offer didn't include first-year funding from Penn.

But to generalize: offering funding to someone on the waitlist usually depends on earlier-round funded offer yield. For a well-regarded place like Penn, they'll typically have high yield on their funded offers. That doesn't mean the probability of receiving funding is 0, but it'd be strange (for a department that does admit some unfunded students) if that probability were very high.

True. Also, I heard that their placement is good this year. So even more attractive.

Hey Team!

Did you get the admission being "high" on the waitlist or "very high"?

Hi everyone,

I was placed high on the wait list and i have been in touch with the Department. At the beginning they where very enthusiastic and then they said that they're are receiving slower responses than previous years but then they said that they expect to receive a lot responses next week. I don't know, I find this very confusing. Maybe I am just very paranoid and trying to read what I want to read.

Hey folks!

I sent an email to Kelly and she replied me with copy to some faculty. For those who have been in touch with upenn have you received a similar reply? I don't know what can mean. (Although I have not put much hopes there)

Hey folks!

I sent an email to Kelly and she replied me with copy to some faculty. For those who have been in touch with upenn have you received a similar reply? I don't know what can mean. (Although I have not put much hopes there)

Me, too. I sent an email to Kelly and she made her reply cc to one of the faculty. Maybe the committee want to have an idea of our willingness to take the offer given admission.