Urch Forums

Low GRE AW score

laa

Hi all,

I just received my GRE scores today; I did well Q (170), V (166), but not so great on the AW section (4). The schools I am interested in applying for include the top 5 programs. Should I retake for a better AW?

My full profile can be found here: http://www.www.urch.com/forums/phd-economics/150635-profile-evaluation-advice-2015-a.html

My GPA's gone up since then (with 2A+'s in grad econ classes), so classes-wise I think I don't have much to worry about.

Thanks!

Thanks for the responses.

@mfxuus: I am focusing on that now, and I think it's going pretty well. I think I am definitely set for stellar letters from 2 profs, and I am working on relationships with 3 more.

@MR14: That is true. But the problem is, I don't even know how I did so poorly on the writing; I am a native speaker and I thought that my essays were decent enough (well, decent enough given 30 minutes per essay). So I'm not completely sure that I can do better the next time around.

Would love to hear more opinions :).