Urch Forums

Needs some suggestions

anniejerry

Hello, I am a freshman, and I wonder if I should apply for some other good universities, I am from a top5 university in China, and undergraduate in printing engineering and finance, I have the experience of researching and publishing paper, though not internationally famous.

Now I am on phd track in UIUC and going to be the second year student, fortunately, i am still on the track and I think I have pretty high chance to go to the phd program directly after graduation. However, the only thing I am not satisfied is that the bad location. And I like city life and want to try something different than living in Champaign. Could anybody give some advice about universities? I know if I stay on UIUC, I will save one more year for being phd since I will turn to the second year directly after graduation of my master degree.

My advantages: good grades on math in undergraduate: calculusI II, linear algebra, some other engineering courses( I am not sure it will help) such as physics, chemistry...And I take 2 phd level courses in the first semester, and get A+, I am now taking real analysis during the summer. And I am researching with two professors.

DisadvantagesL Low verbal of GRE, some bad grades in international finance, monetary finance, international markets... in my second major of finance.:sorrow:

Can anybody give me some advice of staying here or applying for other universities as well as what universities you suggest.

Thanks