Urch Forums

Private detailed profile evaluation

dksecon

I did but I was hoping for more advice and hoping someone would give me an honest opinion on what my odds of getting into a program are.

The advice you were given in that thread is on the money. If you want someone to tell you something different, then it won't be honest. The heterodox approach at the graduate and research level shouldn't hurt too badly at most schools but those math grades will be a struggle at even lowly programs.

You should use the fact that you are at a PhD granting school and talk to someone involved in graduate advising about your complete profile and your hypothetical chances of admission to GMU with that profile. I'm not sure if they would consider your record as strong enough for their program and they are only borderline top 50-ish. A top 30 admit would be surprising, IMHO.

If you do score 170 on the Q section I would reconsider but your grades in basic classes and your penchant for proofs suggest to me you may not score 168+.