Urch Forums

A few course questions

athlee

I'd skip it then. The only thing I found remotely useful in my Calc 4 class was the fourier series/pde's section. If you dont have something like that, then it's not worth it imho.

Vector Calculus in it's own right isn't a very long course so most schools usually add something to it.

I'm not entirely sure what the quarter system is. We have two four month semesters if that answers your question.

Another quick question, would taking co-op or internship have any bearing on grad school applications? I'm thinking about doing it but I'm afraid if I take a year off school my relationship with my professors would deteriorate because of it. I'd also appreciate some feedback on some of my other questions above :)

Quarter system consists of four quarters: fall quarter, winter quarter, spring quarter, and summer quarter. IMO, it is much more logical than a semester system.

What do you mean take a year off school? Do you mean that you will be delaying graduation to do the internship, or do you mean that you will delay applying to grad school by one year? If it is the former, I would advise against it. If the latter is the case, then I don't think it will matter that much. Think about it, if you graduate in spring, it will only be six months until you apply for grad school. They won't forget about you in that time.