Urch Forums

Profile evaluation

qkr5835

Honestly, straight B's in the core subject classes and poor calculus grades will get your application tossed without a second look. You're going to need a lot of remedial work.

Undergrad GPA: 3.45, University of Rochester

Econ courses: Principle of economics (A) Microecon(B) Macroecon(+B) econometrics(+B) econ-stat(-A) Contract Theory(+B) International Economics (-A) Economics of Globalization (-A) Industrial Organization (A)

I took some finance course and accounting courses (all As). I know it is irrelevant, but its part of my major GPA.

Math courses

Calculus 1 (-A) Cauculus 2 (+B) Multivariable (+C) Differential equation (A) Probability (B), currently taking linear algegra

2 strong recommendation from econ professors, 1 recommendation letter from professor that I used to to RA with

My junior GPA: 3.8

Research experience during the summer (my junior year)

I'm currently a senior, and I wasn't interested in studying before my junior year. I know my GPA is not outstanding.

But I think I showed my progress on my transcript when I am motivated.

I'm planning to apply for macro ph.d or development.

Can I still apply for Econ PH.D?

If I can and if I have a chance, to what schools do I have to apply?

By the way, I'm have a citizenship, but my first language is not English.

Honestly, straight B's in the core subject classes and poor calculus grades will get your application tossed without a second look. You're going to need a lot of remedial work.

That's not true. If OP is willing to go to a very poorly ranked school, he could get in. Especially with a few decent LORs.