Urch Forums

Another profile assessment

pandora

Type of Undergrad: Bsc in Economics by a Top School in an european country with some history in placements in top schools

Undergrad GPA: 3.85 (Top 3%)

Type of Grad: Msc in Economics in the same school

Grad GPA: 4.0 (Best Student over the 3 previous years)

GRE: Q - 170 | V - 161 | AW - 3.5 (terrible do you think it may hurt?)

Math Courses: Calculus I/II (A/A), Linear Algebra (A), Graduate Math I (A), Graduate Math II (A), Statistics (B), Data Treatment (A) - Basically it goes up to dynamic programming and differential equations.

Econ Courses (grad-level): Environmental Policies, Game Theory II, Game Theory III, Industrial Organization, Labour Economics, Growth and Fluctuations, Macroeconomic Theory, Econometrics, Time Series, Microeconometrics - All Taken with A.

Econ Courses (undergrad-level): Principles of Microeconomics, P. Macroeconomics, Macroeconomics, Macroeconomic Policies, Microeconomic Policies, Game Theory all with A. Development Economics, Seminar in Current European Issues and Finance with B.

Other Courses:

Letters of Recommendation: One is with my advisor in the masters thesis (I took maximum grade in the thesis). We work together, we co-author an article in a minor publication, and have plans to co-author a working paper with another american economist. The second was the director of my masters. The last is a another professor. The first and the second are top 5% in Ideas.

Research Experience: I have two articles published in a minor publication, and two working papers forthcoming.

Teaching Experience: 2 Years in the field of Microeconomics.

Research Interests: Industrial organization

SOP: Should be about my empriical drive, and the attempt to explore microdata to enlarge knowledge in those fields. But I am still in the air.

Concerns: GRE low AW

Other:

Applying to: Harvard, MIT, Berkeley, Standford, Yale, Minnesota, Columbia, NYU, Chicago, Northwestern, U Penn, Princeton, UCLA, Michigan, Duke, Boston U.

Where do you thing is going to be the in/outs?