Urch Forums

Can A in Grad Micro 1 and Grad Micro 2 compensate for B in Real Analysis?

Charles

1) Does MWG refer to Mas-Collel, Winston and Green? If so, yes. My grad micro 1 uses MWG. My 'micro 2' is kind of special. I am in a class called 'Mathematical economics 2'. The professor was supposed to teach me differential equ and dynamic optimization. However, I am the only student in that class, so my professor is not following the syllabus. We have been discussing advanced game theory. The materials includesPerfect Bayesian Equilibrium, Global Game, Evolution Game, etc. My grad friend told me she learned such material in grad micro 2. So, i suppose i am taking grad micro 2? My professor gives me handouts, but i dont know the source of the handout.

2) Yes. Proofs are all over my micro 1 and 2.

3) 2 out of 3 of my LoRs are my professors from micro 1 and micro 2.

I think it will help a lot if you are at a school where the PhD program is known to be rigorous, but if you are at a school where the PhD program is low-ranked it is possible that the admissions people could discount the signaling value of an A in trying to compensate for the B. In the later case I think it would still help but not as much/might still be a problem at the top places. Of course it would also depend on the rest of your profile as well.