Urch Forums

Help searching for placement of people with similar profile to mine?

flopson

Hey, I don't have a good handle on the search function on this forum and am not sure how to do this in a time efficient way.

My profile is: very low undergrad GPA (~3.1) with upward but not strictly monotonic trend, A's in Real Analysis (4 semesters), 1 year research experience, and then straight A/A+ in a 1-year top 3 Canadian MA.

Trying to look for placement of people who have posted such profiles here to get an idea of where to focus applications to US PhD's. I know the GPA is going to get me automatically DQ'd from most top 20 programs, but wondering if there are any exceptions where people have gotten in someplace decent with similar profile.

If there is no efficient way to do this, any anecdotal data points appreciated

Thx in advance

Hey, I don't have a good handle on the search function on this forum and am not sure how to do this in a time efficient way.

My profile is: very low undergrad GPA (~3.1) with upward but not strictly monotonic trend, A's in Real Analysis (4 semesters), 1 year research experience, and then straight A/A+ in a 1-year top 3 Canadian MA.

Trying to look for placement of people who have posted such profiles here to get an idea of where to focus applications to US PhD's. I know the GPA is going to get me automatically DQ'd from most top 20 programs, but wondering if there are any exceptions where people have gotten in someplace decent with similar profile.

If there is no efficient way to do this, any anecdotal data points appreciated

Thx in advance

It sounds like your primary concern is getting through "the first round" for wherever you apply, specifically T20. Your best chance at this, if they were to categorically throw applicants out based on any 1 (or 2) factors not meeting "general qualifications," is to have your LoR writer make some phonecalls. This can keep you in the running and also help inform you if there are any places that you should simply not apply (that you and your advisor were planning on) because they say that they will not consider you.