Urch Forums

Chicago Booth - Economics

PhD2015ForSure

Any news on Chicago Booth - Economics? When will they be releasing results.

There is just one posting from Feb 25th indicating admission. Could this be fake?

Does anyone know how many people the program typically admits?Also any info on the program from current students or those who know the program well is welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Disclaimer: I'm also waiting and I don't know the program well.

Based on past results, there are very few acceptances (2-3) for Chicago Booth Economics posted on GC. I think there are already two on GC for this round: one in Economics (Feb 25) and another got a joint offer from both Booth and Econ (Feb 27). They are likely real.

Disclaimer: I'm also waiting and I don't know the program well.

Based on past results, there are very few acceptances (2-3) for Chicago Booth Economics posted on GC. I think there are already two on GC for this round: one in Economics (Feb 25) and another got a joint offer from both Booth and Econ (Feb 27). They are likely real.

They have a very confusing admissions process, but I don't think that admissions to the joint program are related to admissions to the Booth Economics program. I've heard that applicants to the joint program can be rejected by the Econ department and admitted to the Booth Finance program (and vice-versa), that's why I think it has nothing to do with Booth Economics. I could be wrong, of course.

PS: I'm also waiting to hear from them (Booth Economics).