Urch Forums

GRE Material

fkrueg1

If you do decide to buy supplemental books, get the Manhattan ones. Don't waste your time with Kaplan, the math practice in there isn't hard enough to improve scores at the level you'd need to be competitive for Econ programs. (Likely also true for Princeton Review, but I've never worked with that book personally)

If you do decide to buy supplemental books, get the Manhattan ones. Don't waste your time with Kaplan, the math practice in there isn't hard enough to improve scores at the level you'd need to be competitive for Econ programs. (Likely also true for Princeton Review, but I've never worked with that book personally)

Also, thise gives you access to 6 free tests, which were the bets ones I took.

I did not use Magoosh, but other people seem quite enthusiastic about it.

As far as books go, definitely do not waste your time with any quantitative study material that isn't Manhattan or the ETS-produced materials. In addition to the standard ETS practice book, they also offer a separate book of quantitative practice questions. The Manhattan 5-lb practice book has enough practice questions to make your eyes bleed and it's $20 (in the U.S. anyway).

As bookworm mentions, all of the other quantitative study materials are not designed for people aiming for 90+ percentile and will under-prepare you.

How is nobody mentioning
? So Keshwani is this ornery old Indian dude on Youtube who walks you through every single quant problem in the ETS official GRE study book (he's now completed the second edition). He's been my sole studying resource, and I swear to god, the man is some kind of freakish genius. The first 20 episodes of his series are basically a refresher of algebraic manipulation as he works through the problem, but then he actually starts to CLASSIFY problems and their iterations in a way where you can just look at a quantitative comparison and know how to manipulate it to get what you need. It would behoove you to check him out.