Urch Forums

Should I retake the GRE?

packbg480

So, I just took the GRE and received a 167Q/158V. I think the AW went very well but I won't know for a few weeks.

I plan on applying to schools this fall and will be entering my senior year of undergrad and am hoping for a top 10.

School: US Top 25 Liberal Arts

Country of Origin: US

GRE: 167Q/158V

Econ grades: Micro (A) - Macro (A) - Metrics (A) - Advanced Metrics (A) - Health Economics (A) - Sports Econ (A-) - Principles of Econ (A-) - Gender Econ (B+)

Math grades: Analysis (Taking in the fall) - Computational Linear Algebra (A) - Differential Equations (A) - Multivariable Calculus (A) - Linear Algebra (A) - Probability (A-) - Intro to Stat (A-)

Overall GPA: 3.75

Research Experience:

Federal Reserve Research Intern

RA to World Bank economist (co-authored paper)

Advanced Metrics Term Paper

Metrics Term Paper (Won 3rd best term paper in state in contest sponsored by the Fed)

Econometric Consultant to the offensive coordinator of a professional football team (play call/decision optimization analysis)

I expect to have good LOR. Thoughts?

So, I just took the GRE and received a 167Q/158V. I think the AW went very well but I won't know for a few weeks.

I plan on applying to schools this fall and will be entering my senior year of undergrad and am hoping for a top 10.

School: US Top 25 Liberal Arts

Country of Origin: US

GRE: 167Q/158V

Econ grades: Micro (A) - Macro (A) - Metrics (A) - Advanced Metrics (A) - Health Economics (A) - Sports Econ (A-) - Principles of Econ (A-) - Gender Econ (B+)

Math grades: Analysis (Taking in the fall) - Computational Linear Algebra (A) - Differential Equations (A) - Multivariable Calculus (A) - Linear Algebra (A) - Probability (A-) - Intro to Stat (A-)

Overall GPA: 3.75

Research Experience:

Federal Reserve Research Intern

RA to World Bank economist (co-authored paper)

Advanced Metrics Term Paper

Metrics Term Paper (Won 3rd best term paper in state in contest sponsored by the Fed)

Econometric Consultant to the offensive coordinator of a professional football team (play call/decision optimization analysis)

I expect to have good LOR. Thoughts?

Bumping this hoping to get some advice. Thanks, all!

I don't think it's really necessary for you to retake the GRE. 167Q is a decent enough score, perhaps on the low side for top 10 but nothing that should raise a red flag.

Thank you so much! I actually already signed up but I don't plan on doing any more prep than I've already done and sort of just taking it as a nothing to lose mentality. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can select which scores to send?

Other than my GRE, do you think my profile is suitable of a top 10? Please be honest, I think I can handle it! Thanks again for the help.

I don't think getting higher than 167Q will help you much. Your profile is already very good. I wish you had more math coming into the application cycle, but no application is perfect. Whether you get into a top 10 or not will depend on the strength of your recommendations.

I don't think getting higher than 167Q will help you much. Your profile is already very good. I wish you had more math coming into the application cycle, but no application is perfect. Whether you get into a top 10 or not will depend on the strength of your recommendations.

Awesome, thanks for the help. Will post a profile eval thread as well to get other people's thoughts.