Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Profiles and Results 2016

Trying to make mom and pop proud

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Profiles and Results 2016

Sponsored Ad:
    I thought I might as well already start this type of thread this year, as all decisions are out and made now, I guess.

PROFILE:
    Type of Undergrad: UK Top 3 Econ programme
    Undergrad GPA: First (Top 5 in the year)
    Type of Grad: UK Top 3 Econ programme
    Grad GPA: TBC (so far First level, Top 3 in the year)
    GRE: 170Q, 169V, 5.5AW
    Math Courses: none ... audited Real Analysis sequence and self-taught some prob and stats theory but nothing on transcripts
    Econ Courses: UG: Intro & Intermediate Micro, Macro, Metrics, Advanced Game Theory (all >70); Grad: Micro, Macro, Metrics sequence (all >70), advanced micrometrics, macro, micro, IO (tbc)
    Other Courses: politics and philosophy courses (~70 for most)
    Letters of Recommendation: one top 50 Repec who liked me (RA'ed for him), one top 750 Repec who seems to like me to (thesis advisor), one business school prof not on repec (ugrad tutor)
    Research Experience: master's thesis, one summer RA + paper project arising from this; could possibly call some of my industry internships vaguely research related
    Teaching Experience: none
    Research Interests: micro theory, behavioural, IO
    SOP: stayed down to the facts: explained course system and contents, and described contents of research projects
    Other: nothing

RESULTS:
    Acceptances: MIT (funding waitlisted, declined before decision known), Stanford (attending), Princeton, Chicago, Chicago Booth, Northwestern, UC San Diego, NYU, Columbia
    Waitlists: Yale (declined before decision known)
    Rejections: Harvard, HBS, HKS, Stanford GSB, UC Berkeley, Michigan Ann Arbor
    Pending: ---
    Attending: Stanford
    Comments: my results are almost perfectly correlated with two of my class-mates who have very similar profiles in terms of courses, grades, LoRs, ... I hence have updated my prior about the randomness of the process away from what seems the consensus on this forum: the randomness is not person fixed effects (some are luckier than others) but institution fixed effects (some institutions like some TYPES of candidates more than other institutions), for example, this seems to be consistent with none of us three getting into Harvard but all into MIT.

What would you have done differently? Not spend ~$500 on applications to harvard schools. Maybe apply to fewer safeties.

Re: Profiles and Results 2016

As might be obvious from what is to follow, PortMeadow and I have essentially the same profile :P (Yes, we are actually different people as becomes clear from the results!)

PROFILE:
    Type of Undergrad:
    UK Top 2 Econ programme
    Undergrad GPA:
    First (Top of the year)
    Type of Grad:
    UK Top 2 Econ programme
    Grad GPA:
    TBC (so far First level, Top 3 in the year)
    GRE:
    170Q, 169V, 5.5AW
    Math Courses:
    Private Tuition in Real Analysis, Metric Spaces, Topology, Linear Algebra (all >70).
    Econ Courses:
    UG: Intermediate Micro, Intermediate Macro, Intermediate Metrics, Game Theory, Microeconomic Theory, Mathematical Methods (all >70); Grad: Micro, Macro, Metrics sequence (all >70), advanced micrometrics, macro, micro, IO (tbc)
    Other Courses:
    philosophy courses including advanced formal logic (all >70)
    Letters of Recommendation:
    grad thesis supervisor (top 800 REPEC), undergraduate tutor who has known me for 5 years (top 6%), grad first-year supervisor (top 8%)
    Research Experience:
    master's thesis; summer research assistantship at well-known UK think tank; month-long research assistantship for professor at uni
    Teaching Experience:
    taught real analysis at uni
    Research Interests:
    micro theory, finance
    SOP:
    explained why I hate to take maths as private tuition, short description of RAships, that sorta thing
    Other:
    one page explaining how UK grades work and how they differ from US grading systems

RESULTS:
    Acceptances:
    Princeton, Northwestern, NYU, Oxford, LSE
    Waitlists:
    MIT, Yale, UPenn
    Rejections:
    Stanford, S-GSB, Harvard, Berkeley, Chicago, Booth, Columbia
    Pending:
    ---
    Attending:
    Princeton
    Comments:
    I naturally agree with what PortMeadow said above. Institutions put varying weights on different criteria, but given those weights there is little randomness. Some variation is introduced for international applicants because the person evaluating your file needs to understand your grades; I suspect this was a problem at one of the above unis specifically (but don't think I should mention which).

What would you have done differently?
    I definitely should have gotten a recommendation letter from a higher-ranked / more well-known professor, even if it had cost me a summer of free RAing. Apart from that, I think it was all good.

Eager!

PROFILE:
    Type of Undergrad:
    US Top 15 Econ Program
    Undergrad GPA:
    Type of Grad:
    US Top 15 Econ Program
    Grad GPA:
    GRE:
    166Q, 163V, 5.0AW
    Math Courses:
    Analysis (AB), Calc I/II/III, Linear Algebra and Diff. Eqs. (B).
    Econ Courses:
    UG: Intermediate Micro, Intermediate Macro, Econometrics, Game Theory, Honors Thesis + a bunch of electives; Grad: Micro sequence (A/AB), Macro (A), Metrics sequence (A/A/A), PhD Micro I (AB), PhD Macro I (AB).
    Other Courses:
    Physics/Econ double major in undergrad, so a bunch of physics courses.
    Letters of Recommendation:
    Grad research advisor (brand name, very strong letter), PhD course professor (generic letter on performance in class, aced his test, etc - star prof.), Grad research professor (star professor, strong letter, wrote a paper for his course).
    Research Experience:
    2 projects in my masters; RA-ship under a brand name in the department; honors thesis in undergrad; Summer internship in my country involving fieldwork.
    Teaching Experience:
    None
    Research Interests:
    Labor, Public
    SOP:
    Heavily focused on research experience, and outlined clear goals as to research. Basically, tried to convey that I knew what real economics research was and that I can do it.

RESULTS:
    Acceptances:
    Michigan
    Waitlists:
    Maryland (Priority Waitlist)
    Rejections: NWU, NYU, Penn, Columbia, Wisconsin, UCSD, UCLA, UT-Austin, Penn State, etc. etc.
    Pending:
    Not really pending, but I had an interview with Rice, who knew I was into Michigan and didn't make an offer. Also received an email from Michigan State asking if I would accept an offer should they make one, and I declined.
    Attending:
    Michigan
    Comments:
    I only add the "pending" because I feel it is important to take into account counterfactuals. It ended up so that I only had one solid offer on the table (ie Michigan), but if I didn't have that, I would have had at least two others. I didn't know this was how the market for PhD admissions worked.
    For my interests, I think I applied to the wrong reach schools. NWU, Penn, Columbia are not exactly the strongest for labor and public, or at least do extremely structural work. Should have chosen my reach-reach schools more carefully, but even so I doubt it would have made a big difference to my outcomes. Same for the slightly lower ranked schools, actually - it didn't make sense to apply to Penn State, Arizona with the kind of interests I have.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

PROFILE:
    Type of Undergrad: US top 40 LAC, no econ PhD program. BA in economics + BS in mathematics, theory concentration.
    Undergrad GPA: 3.8
    Type of Grad: n/a
    Grad GPA: n/a
    GRE: 170Q, 165V, 5.5AW
    Math Courses: Multivariable Calc (B+), Linear Algebra (A), Intro to Proofs (B), Real Analysis (B+), Abstract Algebra (A), Measure Theory (A), Probability (B+), Operations Research (A), Ordinary Differential Equations (A), Topology (in progress when apps submitted), Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos (in progress when apps submitted).
    Econ Courses: Intro, intermediate, advanced micro, intro and intermediate macro, principles of econ stats, econometrics, cross section econometrics, time series econometrics, empirical microeconomics, all A's. Then a few topics courses which were A's. Then...a C+ in development economics (don't ask).
    Other Courses: None that were relevant.
    Teaching Experience: TA for five courses, three of which were 400-level econometrics courses (I took them as a junior to have A's on my transcript for PhD apps).
    Research Experience: RA for a year and a half with chief economist at a development aid agency affiliated with my college. Summer project after my sophomore year. Senior honor's thesis.
    Letters of Recommendation: One from my advisor for the summer project + honor's thesis, his PhD is from a top 10 institution. One from one of my econometrics professors who I also TAed for, top 20 PhD. One from my intermediate and advanced micro professor, very well-known in his field. All were strong, my UG is known for close faculty-student relationships and I know they all really wanted to place me well this cycle (and they did!).
    Research Interests: Labor, econometrics.
    SOP:
    Three pages single-spaced about the independent research I've done + RAing. VERY technical. I tried to show that I'm ready for research, even though I was applying straight out of UG.

RESULTS:
    Acceptances: Caltech, Wisconsin-Madison, UCSD, Johns Hopkins, UVA, UT-Austin.
    Waitlists: Maryland (priority), Cornell.
    Rejections: MIT, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Chicago, Michigan, Boston U, Duke, Berkeley, Stanford, U Penn, Carnegie Mellon.
    Attending: UCSD!!!!!!
    What would you have done differently? Not much. I knew I wanted the econ PhD since my first year of UG and I worked really hard to get as much research experience / useful econ classes as possible. I'm really glad I did the math major even if some of those grades hurt me because I think I'll do better in grad school with that exposure. I'm glad I applied to all the schools I did even though I didn't get into any T10 just so that way I'm not left wondering. There's also so much variance in the process, it was weird to get rejected from lower-ranked places while I was in at T15 places. At the end, it was a decision between Wisconsin and UCSD, and while it was a tough choice to make I'm so thrilled to be going to UCSD.

Within my grasp!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

PROFILE:
    Type of Undergrad: medium sized Catholic institution with an MS program
    Undergrad GPA: : 3.7
    Type of Grad: MS Applied Econ completed (same place - 5 year BA/MS program)
    Grad GPA: 3.8
    GRE: Q161 V 158 AW 5.0
    Math Courses: calc 1-3, diff eq, elementary stats, currently a non degree seeking student taking linear algebra
    Econ Courses (grad-level): econometrics I & II, micro, macro, handful of electives in Econ - public, urban, monetary policy, financial econometrics, etc
    Econ Courses (undergrad-level): intermediates, mathematics of economics, handful of electives - development, ethics of economics, etc.
    Other Courses: Poli Sci as second major
    Letters of Recommendation: stellar, well loved at my former institution, my school has faculty from most schools I'm applying to and they will flex their connections, LORS from department chair, dean/urban prof/thesis advisor, & public prof/thesis committee member.
    Research Experience: masters thesis, former economic researcher in private sector for large business
    Teaching Experience: GA in masters program
    Research Interests: public, urban, and labor
    SOP: decent. Brief mention of low scores relative to how much I've prepped. Tailed to each school re: field, faculty I like
    Concerns: low GPA and scores relative to other posters on here but I'm OK with it and am very realistic with my choices/options. Plus maybe my non stellar stats will give someone hope! Math barely meets the minimum. Was initially afraid of a shut out but that's no longer the case!
    Other: nervous about $$ too.
    Applying to: Small handful of dreaming big might as well try schools but the rest are lower ranked. SU Econ, SU public admin, UND, UO, Boulder, UConn, UKY, UT Knoxville, GWU, Brown, UCD, MSU, UIUC, Boston College

Results
    acceptances: SU Econ, UO, GWU, UT Knoxville, UKY, UConn
    rejections: SU public admin, UND, U Colorado Boulder, Brown, UCD, MSU, UIUC, BC
    Attending: SYRACUSE !!!!!!!!!
    what would you have done differently? I let myself apply to reaches and I was absolutely not surprised by the results between the acceptances and the rejections. I probably wouldn't have applied to BC since they didn't have faculty I loved relative to other. I could've saved myself some $$ but meh oh well. I would've retaken my GRE but I'm a historically poor test taker and I wouldn't have expected my results to change drastically (perhaps maybe I would've gotten into programs peer to SU like Boulder or UND). I did not have time to retake it nor did I have time to prep more as I was leaving my job, moving, etc. Beyond that, I think my program selection were great matches given my interests. I'm a few years out of school and I don't regret not going straight from my MS to my PhD. I am glad I enrolled in a community college to take Linear Algebra to be able to say I can do it and get the muscle memory of being in a classroom. I'm THRILLED to be going to SU and it was my front runner all along (my advisor and my best friend from undergrad are both products of SU's Econ PhD). It was between UT Knoxville and SU as UTK provided me with a very attractive financial aid package and I had an amazing visit day. But, I think SU is what I really wanted all along. I really would not have done much differently and am pleased/not shocked at the results.
    Last edited by barista1234; 04-17-2016 at 05:00 PM.

PROFILE:
    Type of Undergrad: Top 200 USNWR, very small PhD program, BA Economics, minors: Math and Health Systems Administration
    Undergrad GPA: 3.86
    Type of Grad: None
    Grad GPA:
    GRE: 163Q, 157V, 4.0AW
    Math Courses: Calc I-III(B+,A-,A) Multidimensional Mathematics A+, Diff Eq in progress, Linear Algebra in progress, Intro to Proofs in progress
    Econ Courses: UG: Intro Micro/Macro, Intermediate Micro/Macro, Undergraduate Math Econ, Econ/Business Stats, Health Econ, Money and Banking, Econometrics, Senior Seminar. Grad: Math Econ (All A or A+)
    Other Courses: a few Computer Science and Engineering software courses.
    Letters of Recommendation: I would imagine they would have to be fantastic for my profile to get accepted where I did, all were instructors I had from top 40 or better schools.
    Research Experience: None, outside of pretty extensive Health Econ paper
    Teaching Experience: Math tutor at a local high school (employed by district).
    Research Interests: Macro/Public
    SOP: Seemed pretty basic, explained how I came around to wanting a PhD late in the game, what drew me to get my PhD, career goals ect.
    Concerns: I would have to say my lack of math was my primary concern, my GRE wasn't great but I knew it wouldn't hold me back too much and I really didn't think it would have been worth it to try to get a couple more math questions right. Lack of research experience was also something that worried me.

RESULTS:
    Acceptances: Missouri, Kentucky, North Carolina
    Waitlists: Georgia? (Initially waitlisted, asked if interested and said I wasn't, not sure where to place it)
    Rejections: Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan State, WUSTL
    Pending: Purdue
    Attending: Kentucky
    Comments: Alright it might sound crazy to pick Kentucky over North Carolina, but I really loved my visit there. Their faculty seemed great and I really liked the structure and size of the program.

What would you have done differently? If I could go back and figure out this is what I wanted to do when I first went to college that would have been great, but with the way things progressed I really can't complain about the outcome. Maybe I could have tried harder to get a RA position and maybe have taken another math class or two, but I am extremely happy with my season.

Eager!

PROFILE:
    Type of Undergrad:
    Top Australian University
    Undergrad GPA: 90/100 (honours program)
    Type of Grad: None
    Grad GPA:
    GRE:
    164V, 170V, 4AW
    Math Courses: Honours Calculus (90), Honours Linear Algebra (89), Discrete Math (90), Vector Calculus (79), Real and Complex Analysis (78)
    Econ Courses (honours-level): Business Cycles and Monetary Policy (91), Topics in Development (89), Industrial Organization (87), Topics in Labor (89), Topics in International Macro (91)
    Econ Courses (undergrad-level): Intro Macro (90), Advanced Intermediate Micro (92), Advanced Intermediate Macro (92), Math for Econ (90), History of Economics Thoughts (84), Family Economics (87), Advanced Micro (89), Advanced Macro (88), Intro to Econometrics A (90), Intro to Econometrics B (95), Regression Modeling (87), Time Series and Forecasting (91), Econometric Theory and Methods (93), Applied Econometrics (94), Applied Microeconometrics (98)
    Other Courses: first year units from the Business school.
    Letters of Recommendation: two honours thesis supervisors (top 7% RePec and an AP), honours coordinator (top 5% RePec), head of school (top 6% RePec),
    Research Experience: RAed for my (three) thesis supervisors since third year (2 years of RA experience at the time of application), and honours thesis.
    Teaching Experience: 2 years of TA experience at the time of application
    Research Interest: labor, econometrics, public
    SOP: “Not sharp” – Recommendation Letter Writer. Details of my thesis and my RA work, and a tailored paragraph to each school.

RESULTS:
    Acceptances: Berkeley, Northwestern, NYU, UPenn, Michigan, UCLA, UCSD, Wisconsin-Madison, Duke, LSE EME (MA program), University of British Columbia (MA program)
    Waitlist: Cornell
    Rejections: Harvard Econ, Harvard Business Econ, MIT, Princeton, Stanford Econ, Stanford Business Econ, Yale, Chicago, Brown
    Attending: Berkeley
    Comments: It was a (stipend) choice between NYU and Berkeley. And something went wrong with T5 schools..

What would you have done differently? I should have spent more time writing the SOP. I wrote my first draft 1.5 weeks before the Dec 1st deadline..

If I knew I would like to do econ phd in my first year, I would have probably taken different courses and be more active in getting better letters (exchange/RA). I stuffed in (and overloaded with) those math classes in the last two years of my undergrad, so I had few "inconsistent" grades...

The letter from the head of school probably did not matter because he doesn't know me. I substituted in his letter at the last minute because one of my thesis supervisor, who didn't write the letter, encouraged me to do so.

Letter writer matters. I was chatting to students from my school who are all attending a Top 2 school now. We largely had similar profiles and I had more math classes than they did, but they had stronger letter writer line-ups.. I could have worked in the Reserve Bank and obtain letters from better-connected people or have RAed in some US institution, though ex post the expected marginal gain seems to be far lower than the cost.
    Last edited by chyu1040; 04-17-2016 at 04:57 PM.

PROFILE:
    Type of Undergrad:
    Top 20 USNWR, economics program not as strong as the undergrad program, but getting much better. BA Mathematical Economics, Statistics
    Undergrad GPA:
    Type of Grad:
    None
    Grad GPA:
    GRE:
    170Q, 170V, 5.5AW
    Math Courses:
    Multivariable Calc (A), Differential Equations (B+), Linear Algebra (A-), Intro to Analysis (A), Real Analysis (A)
    Econ Courses: Intro Micro (B+), Intro Macro (A), Intermediate Micro (A-), Undergraduate Math Econ (A+), Econometrics (A), Applied Econometrics (A), Labor Economics (A), Energy Economics (A), Public Finance (A+), Economic Modeling and Public Policy (A+), Political Economy (A), Senior Thesis (A)
    Other Courses:
    Statistics courses and some coding courses, mostly in the A to A- range.
    Letters of Recommendation: Pretty good - I got close to faculty early on in my academic career and let them know I was considering graduate school. 2 from Chicago grads, 1 from Princeton grad. One of them won a Frisch Medal, one of them is the editor of a journal and I worked for him for 3 years, one of them is my thesis advisor.
    Research Experience:
    Pretty much none besides senior thesis. Did some independent policy work with friends as a side project for a competition but I wouldn't even consider it economics research.
    Teaching Experience:
    Informal TA (unpaid) for one semester. Basically none.
    Research Interests:
    Labor economics, family economics. More broadly, applied micro.
    SOP:
    Thought it was pretty good, had the school's grant editor help me look over it. I would highly recommend getting someone with a background in English and/or editing look at your SOP!

RESULTS:
    Acceptances:
    Penn (WL for first year funding), Minnesota, UCSD, Duke, UMD, JHU, Rice (implied from talking with DGS, but withdrew my app before acceptances were released as per her request), Vanderbilt, University of Washington (implied from email from DGS, but withdrew my app), Columbia (off of WL)
    Waitlists:
    Michigan (but placed on waitlist because they thought I would have more "competitive offers"... ok lol. eventually rejected)
    Rejections:
    Princeton, Harvard, MIT, Berkeley, Stanford, Yale, Northwestern, UNC (never heard back), WUSTL (I forgot to submit my transcript so...)
    Attending:
    Columbia!
    Comments:
    Surprisingly, my results are very consistent. Turns out I am a solid 11-20 candidate, and in the top 10, schools kind of want me (see Penn, Columbia). Ended up doing a LOT better than I expected.

I'm REALLY happy with my results. I guess I would have been more selective in where I decided to visit. I set up 7 visits, and had to cancel the last one because I got pretty sick. I would, however, highly recommend visiting still. It helps dispel rumors and stereotypes. Also, I would have majored in math, not statistics. And been a better student first semester freshman year. But, then again, maybe doing all that would have been so stressful that I wouldn't have applied to PhD! Who knows about the counterfactual!

Also, as general advice, if you are an underclassman reading this, I can assure you that you can be prepared for grad school apps while still exploring other options! I spent one summer working in the oil and gas industry, and another trying out management consulting. I never RA'd or even TA'd really. I spent a lot of my undergraduate career making sure I wanted to do a PhD by exploring my other options, which I think is just as important as gaining skills in preparation for graduate school. Most of my advisors told me that I was not at a disadvantage by not having RA experience. Unless you need one more rec letter, don't feel like you HAVE to have RA/research experience in order to be a competitive applicant.

Within my grasp!

PROFILE:
    Type of Undergrad: BA in math, flagship state university ranked 80's in US News, no econ grad program.
    Undergrad GPA: 3.63
    Type of Grad: MA in Econ at a flagship state university in a different state with a masters but no doctoral program
    Grad GPA: 4.0
    GRE: 170V /168Q /5 AW
    Math Courses (undergrad level): Calc I/II/III (A-/B/B) Linear Algebra (B+) Fundamentals of Math (intro to proofs) (A) Ordinary Differential Equations (B+) Combinatorial Theory (A) Abstract Algebra I (A-) Applied Probability (A) Elementary Number Theory (A-) Mathematical Biology and Ecology (A) Graph Theory (A) Real Analysis I (A) Probability and Statistics I (A)
    Math Courses (masters level): Mathematical Statistics (A)
    Econ Courses (undergrad level): Intermediate micro (A)
    Econ Course (masters level): Micro I/II (A/A) Econometrics I/II (A/A) Macro (A)
    Letters of Recommendation: One from the prof I RA for, one from a micro prof and one from an econometrics prof. I think they were strong but probably not phenomenal.
    Research Experience: 2 years as an RA in my master’s program and master’s thesis, both completely unrelated to my stated research interests.
    Teaching experience: Taught high school math for a few years
    Research Interests: Public Economics, Health, Labor, Education … still figuring things out
    SOP: Decent I suppose. I'd like to believe I write well but lack of definite research interests made it difficult.
    Concerns: Because my husband and I were applying to PhD programs at the same time, my biggest concern was that we wouldn't receive any matching offers. I also had no idea where I'd be competitive since my masters program rarely sends anyone to pure econ PhDs. I have a bunch of math, but got B's in easy classes like Calc and Linear Algebra, and I wasn't sure how ad coms would value math classes that have nothing to do with econ (e.g. Abstract Algebra, Graph Theory).

RESULTS:
    Acceptances: Ohio State, Michigan State, UIUC, Purdue, NC State, University of Oregon, Syracuse, Iowa State, UI Chicago, Georgia State, UConn, UMN Applied Econ
    Waitlists: None
    Rejections: Rice
    Pending: None
    Attending: Syracuse
    Comments: I realize it seems somewhat crazy to go with Syracuse over schools like MSU and OSU (particularly because MSU offered me a very generous fellowship), but I'm content with the decision. Things happened in my personal life this year that made staying close to my family (who are in New England) much more of a consideration. I also really liked the department at Syracuse when I visited, it seemed tight-knit and supportive, which is just what I'm looking for. It was tough to turn down MSU, as I had a great visit there and realize that I'm passing up a great opportunity.

What would you have done differently? First and foremost, I wouldn't have applied to a bunch of schools outside of the top 50 and would have applied to more schools ranked around 30. I drastically underestimated my competitiveness and ended up getting in almost everywhere I applied. Additionally, several schools offered me extra fellowships indicating that they viewed me as among their stronger applicants. I thought B's in Calculus and Linear Algebra, along with my unprestigious undergrad and master's institutions were going to be the kiss of death. It was a challenge to find profiles similar to mine since people who get B's in Calculus don't typically go on to get Econ PhDs.

Going back as far as undergrad, I'd try harder during the first two years. I also probably could've gone to a better undergraduate institution than the one I attended, but I'm pleased with the quality of education I got there, and I didn't have to take out any loans to do it.

Beyond that, I would've realized I wanted to do econ (rather than math) while I was still in undergrad, avoiding the need to spend 2 years doing an MA in econ to get the required econ courses, research experience and LORs. However, my masters program was fully funded, so I have no real cause to complain. Maybe I wouldn't have spent 4 years teaching high school math (as it now means I'll be turning 29 as I start my PhD), but I enjoyed that experience as well.

With all that said, I'm happy with the result. My husband and I both accepted offers from Syracuse, where we'll less than a 5 hour drive from each of our families. Additionally, with the fellowship offer I have, I won't have to TA in years 1 or 5, which will be nice. If you had told me going into this process that I'd end up at Syracuse I would've considered myself quite lucky, so I really have no complaints. I'm excited to get started!

Last edited by EustaciaVye; 04-17-2016 at 06:52 PM.

10. The post by barista1234 is hidden due to low votes. Really want to see it? Click the EXPAND button over there to the right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information