Urch Forums

PhD Application: looking for a school with strong Macro department

gicanzo

Hi all,

as in the title, I will soon start applying for a PhD. My intended area of research is Macroeconomics, more specifically themes like the links between Finance and Macroeconomic performance and Macroprudential policies.

Would you be able to suggest me some schools with strong research in Macroeconomics and possibly in those specific areas? I am not interested in US universities. I am looking for something in Europe.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by gicanzo

OK. I guess that the best option is LSE. But take a look at Oxford and Frankfurt too. I know the latter is good in macro...

Besides these, see Pompeu Fabra, Bonn and Mannhein. Fabra is a notorious strong macro school but I do not know if there are people working in finance there. The other two German schools are good on general, but you need search the faculty hub... One was very good in micro, but can have hired people in macro...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, jrdonsimoni

I am Sahil Galhotra and did my Msc economics from Nottingham. I scored 69 overall. I am interested in doing a phd in macro/monetary

if you can evaluate the profile and tell me which schools i can get into. The other thing if you can expand on the funding details for Frankfurt GSEFM. I am very interested in doing my phd in GSEFM

Hi, jrdonsimoni

I am Sahil Galhotra and did my Msc economics from Nottingham. I scored 69 overall. I am interested in doing a phd in macro/monetary

if you can evaluate the profile and tell me which schools i can get into. The other thing if you can expand on the funding details for Frankfurt GSEFM. I am very interested in doing my phd in GSEFM