Notification date: Feb/09/17

Notified via phone, snail mail, or email: Email

Institution: Wilfred Laurier University

Program: MABE Co-op

Decision: Declined offer of admission

Funding: 20K

Notification date: Feb/24/17

Comments: Still waiting on UoT Doctoral Stream decision, Queens MA, McGill MA and Waterloo MA.

I am not too sure. I did not apply there to be honest. Maybe give the grad coordinator or grad assistant a call during normal business hours?

Guys, sorry not to follow the form proposed, but I'm wondering if you know when will UBC send their results for the PhD program

Institution: University of Toronto

Program: MA

Decision: Accepted

Funding: 8K funding + 6K TA

Notification date: 03/03/17

Comments: Seems like they are eliminating the General/Doctoral Stream starting this cycle.

Comments: Seems like they are eliminating the General/Doctoral Stream starting this cycle.

I was wondering the same thing. My letter did not mention anything about the stream, instead it indicated pre-approval to enroll in any PhD classes.

**UPDATE**

Institution: Western University

Program: PhD Stream-MA

Decision: Accepted

Funding: 30K

Notification date: Feb/09/17

Institution: Wilfred Laurier University

Program: MABE Co-op

Decision: Declined offer of admission

Funding: 20K

Notification date: Feb/24/17

Institution: Toronto

Program: MA (Regular Stream I think? Offer letter did not specify)

Decision: Undecided

Funding: 5K Scholarship plus TAship 6K

Notification date: Mar/3/17

Institution: Queens

Program: MA

Decision: undecided

Funding: 15,500K (TA+Scholarship)

Notification date: Feb/28/17

Comments: Still waiting on McGill MA and Waterloo MA.

Yeah I get the impression they are eliminating the Doctoral Stream all together. I personally was not offered the ability to take PhD sequences but I know someone that was offered admission and had the option to take sequences. However there is no additional incentives for doing so aside from not having to take them again. It appears everyone has received the same funding for the most part which is unfortunately very little considering cost of living and tuition.

I was wondering the same thing. My letter did not mention anything about the stream, instead it indicated pre-approval to enroll in any PhD classes.

Last year they mentioned the stream in the letter. If they don't, your funding should give you an idea of which stream you are in. Doctoral stream gets you 24-27k (depending on TA/RA hours offered) + maybe an additional admission award of 2000 $ (I got that last year, not sure if some others got it)

According to my letter, I can choose to enroll in any PhD courses but the funding package is really low (5K+TA). I already have a couple funded T30 offers from the US so I would not go to Toronto. If Toronto offered a better funding package then I would definitely attend because I get to live at home.

Everyone that I know of that received the option to take PhD sequences had the exact same funding as regular stream. There is an option in the letter to submit offer letters from other programs to the grad director. Perhaps that may increase funding packages? That's what I did at least so lets hope for the best.

According to my letter, I can choose to enroll in any PhD courses but the funding package is really low (5K+TA). I already have a couple funded T30 offers from the US so I would not go to Toronto. If Toronto offered a better funding package then I would definitely attend because I get to live at home.

Guys, sorry not to follow the form proposed, but I'm wondering if you know when will UBC send their results for the PhD program

UBC's decision may come considerably later than usual as they extended the deadline for a month to help international students who were affected by the U.S. executive order.