Urch Forums

Do Top US PhD programs rescind offers?

applicant201

Hello everyone,

I am an MA student who has applied for PhD program this round and successfully received an offer from a top 10 school. My fall grades are nearly perfect. In this Spring term, I made a mistake by taking a crazy PhD field course with weird grading standards, and I have screwed up some of its components. I think there's a chance that I may get something like C+~B+ for this course. Is there a chance that my offer will be rescinded? Thanks for answers.

Edited by applicant201

Some schools will request a complete transcript to show you got your bachelor's degree. But I'm pretty sure nobody in the econ department ever reads them. Rescinding an offer is unheard of apart from undisclosed character issues or academic dishonesty.

And I doubt you even need to give your grades for your master's degree.

• 4 weeks later...

I will take your words because I agree with you.

Some schools will request a complete transcript to show you got your bachelor's degree. But I'm pretty sure nobody in the econ department ever reads them. Rescinding an offer is unheard of apart from undisclosed character issues or academic dishonesty.

And I doubt you even need to give your grades for your master's degree.