Urch Forums

RA position at Federal Reserve Bank opens

Chester2544

Some of the regional federal reserve bank restarted hiring Research Assistants after nearly 90 days of hiring freeze from mid Jan held by the new government. I have heard for Fed Dallas and Kansas City at least.

RA experiences at regional fed would be really strong foundations and advantages for future Econ Ph.D application. RA is usually open to both of the BA and master.

I've been told by a number of macro professors that it's a great opportunity before PhD and some wished they did so before starting their doctorate instead of straight out of undergrad.

I applied for the fed board RA positions before the freeze and got an email saying that my application would be sent to section recruiters mid February but never heard back.

Anyone who applied before the freeze hear anything yet?

Board insider here. The hiring freeze never affected RA positions --- only permanent staff positions. We have been interviewing RA candidates since mid-March (which is always the time of year we interview). All the people being interviewed applied for the January deadline. Still some spots to fill, but those will be filled by people who have already applied.

Not sure about the banks, but I imagine they are doing something similar.

• Like 1

Some of my friend who applied to RA and got a message after freezing that that position was sort of affected.

And yes, might most of the position be filled with the people already apllied but there are still some RA positions open now in some of each regional bank. So my point is, it is worth checking out still now!