Urch Forums

Time to vote for the 2017 Jeeves Award

Team3

Ladies and gentlemen,

The time has come to cast your ballot for our peer-voted award for forum team player--the 8th Annual Jeeves Award!

The criteria are the sort of things you'd expect and that we all enjoy about this forum:

1) helpful commentary and advice

2) overall team-oriented behavior

3) positive outlook and/or humor

4) don't take admissions results or profiles into account

5) non-moderator status (moderator breaks ties)

Of course the criteria are fluid, so feel free to assign weights as you see fit. The award is about stepping outside of yourself to help people you probably don't even know, which improves the quality of the applicant pool in general.

Here are the results from some of the older threads:

Vote by replying to the thread (rather than using the upvote button), and we'll tally when the thread dies out.

Well, Chateauheart won last year so I guess I better vote for someone new. I'll go with Startz.

I agree that we should prefer not to give awards to the same person twice in a row.

Unfortunately Chateauheart has been too helpful and will have to accept the award anyway. I vote for him.

This isn't to downplay all the other helpful people on the forum, it's just that Chateauheart is simply *that* nice.

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe it's time to retire the Jeeves award ;)

Long time no see! Perhaps seven years has been a good run. Although I'd defer to tm_member: the forum looks really slow; is it dying, or are the sticky threads doing their job (or both)?

Long time no see! Perhaps seven years has been a good run. Although I'd defer to tm_member: the forum looks really slow; is it dying, or are the sticky threads doing their job (or both)?

I think the heyday for the forum (in terms of activity) was somewhere between 2008 and 2010. For a combination of reasons, activity has been on a slow downward trajectory since then. The basic problem is that the world of Economics moves very slowly. This means that the advice given to applicants in 2007 is as applicable today as it was 10 years ago.

I wonder if that's the same on all similar internet forums?

• 4 months later...
Maybe it's time to retire the Jeeves award ;)

We shall officially retire the award. Jeeves, thanks for all your help over the years! Speaking from personal experience, so many of us are off to wonderful career starts because of the forum and its exceptionally helpful members.

All the best,

Team3

Edited by Team3